Car & Bike What coaxial speakers for car?

Torch

Disciple
I'm considering an Alpine iDA-X305 mainly because the iPhone integration is very fast and smooth. I'm not concerned about sound quality as long as its distortion free and clear. Any recommendations for a pair (or four) of low budget coaxial speakers? The Vento comes with 2 front speakers already but I don't know anything about them so I haven't decided whether to replace them and get four new ones or just buy two for the back.

^ First of all congrats for Vento. Diesel or Petrol?

I would advise you to get decent compo for front doors and put existing speakers to back. Make sure you hear them in person before buying. Some of better brands are MTX, JBL, Focals. Illusion, Hertz etc.

Petrol, but there's a long waiting period. I can't stress enough that I really don't care how high the sound quality is. For quality I'd only listen on my x10i or on my PC. I just don't want coaxials that literally start falling apart and rattling and stuff like that after extended use. Quality wise, something that sounds equivalent to the EP-630 earphones is sufficient.

Can you suggest a few model numbers and brand with approximate price?

^ JBL GTO's @ ~5k, MTX Road Thunder @ ~7k and Focals @ ~9k. I would advice you to audition few speakers and get one you like.

Hertz. You'll love them. :)

Got a pair (DCX100) of front coaxials for my car.

The rear coaxials feature the model number DCX690 and the pricier ECX690.

DCX100 ~ 1.4 K (B&W)

DCX690 ~ 3.X K (B&W)

Of course, you could get much better options, for a lot more dough.

Hi Torch,

You can try POWERZONE in Royappettah.

I just re did my Baleno there.

Mr. Saravanan the owner has ears that are like a tuning fork.

You can buy in what he deals with or take your own stuff for install.

search him on teambhp.

Regards,

hertz dieci ftw!

every guy who I've recommended them has been happy. plays beautifully with alpine HU's ( I'm running an alpine 9870E & Dieci comps & coaxes myself)

check the toxicmind's thread for more details where to get em in chennai :)

hey guys...i am in same boat. i want some powerful speakers for my Manza. default it comes with 2DIN Bluetooth audio system with 6 speakers. speakers are average in quality. can anyone tell me good shop in Pune for sound setup? i love Bass...that is the primary requirement.

Back