What did you want to be?

RiO

Skilled
This topic idea stemmed from the last 2 threads that caught my attention, one was closed by the thread starter after he took my advice of getting into goat herding.

Back to the original question, what did you want to be when you were young? Don't be afraid or try to impress people, mummy and daddy are not going to read this... if you wanted to be a bollywood actor rubbing up on those actresses it's fine, just say it - nobody will judge you.

I had always wanted to be a fighter pilot until a neighbor, who served in the IAF for over a decade, described his life. That changed my mind overnight and I decided I wanted to make it in the music industry, which I'm still working on :p

hmmm i always wanted to be a chef.my grandmom had this excellent recipe of chocolate fudge which she tought me .aaaaaa i made a lot and thought i had some special talent.but now i am doing my bbm ha but its still on my mind..

Power always attracted me. To be honest , i always wanted to be a bhai aka DON but i wanted to use my power to help the needy and fight off evil. I wanted to be so powerful that even the government would be afraid of me. The Media would glamorize me , in short ... a lot like Munnabhai or sarkar :p

Even today i am fascinated by power. Today , the only legal way i see to attain power is if i become an IAS/IPS Officer. I am working on it , i know its not easy but you gotta have some goal , rite ? Lets see how it goes.

Cricket Star :( :mad: :cry: , Don (Nayak nahi khalnayak hun mein) :p , and wanted to be rich.:ashamed:

Conclusion - Popularity in 100cr Indians, Money, Glamour, Power.

I wanted to do my Automobile Engg and join as test Driver in Porsche or BMW like my brother ,but had to do Comp Science and finally workin in ITES :(

I always wanted to become a scientist when I was a kid. :p

Had great interest in Chemical reactions (Collected/bought chemicals and performed experiments some of which had disastrous results like explosions of bottles, poisonous gas inhalation like Carbon Monoxide on one occasion and Chlorine on another), breaking open electrical/electronic/mechanical devices to see how they work, building stuff with motors/springs etc and a bit of botany (injecting chemicals into plants to see what happens or trying to cross breed two plants :ashamed: ). In fact I was nicknamed scientist and mad scientist by some of my friends and class-mates.

I decided I wanted to be an Electronics Engineer when I was in the 5th standard.

I saw computer in my life for the first time when I was in the 7th standard (1992). It was an IBM 80186 Machine which used a 5.25" Floppy disk for booting. Got hooked into computers for life. Though I got option for both Electronics and Computers in B.Tech, I preferred to take Computer Science.

i wanted to be....... rich :D

not glamour, but understated rich types :)

still working at it though...havent completed bachelors yet :)

well before it used to be those typical kid type dreams lolz

yeah i wanna work for a F1 team...from the driver seat pov but that will never happen :(

i also wouldnt mind a job which would involve eating good food :D

i wanted to do nothing... just scrape by enough with nice Tv...however fate had other plans for me... :p ( when really small .. i wanted to be a police wallah )

Messa wanted to be a physicist and mathematician. Wanted to do research in high energy and particle physics. Still hurts a lot whenever I reminisce the things I read and forgot :'( :(:cry:
The internet is just a consolation for trying to keep learning and reminding myself that I will make a difference.

During my 1st and 2nd grade, I wanted to be a road-roller driver; :ashamed:

Eventually my interest shifted to JCBs and CAT earth-movers and wanted to be a driver for those; :ashamed: That I guess was during my 3rd grade;

Damn, mom n dad still remembers ^^^ and makes fun of me at times; :p

Then by the 5th grade, I wanted to be a pilot after I got a sneak-peak into the cockpit of some Indian Airlines airplane; ;P

Bah now after all this, I'm finally a mechanical engineer which I wanted to be after my 10th grade; :)

I wanted to be - Inspector Vijay

... was a massive fan of the big B back then - heck i refused to watch movies in which he died :p

At some point i wanted to be STREET HAWK too :)

I am still young.. I want to be a off road racing driver.. I like racing too much.. Also I want to build my own resort on hill station.. I like hill stations much... :bleh:

my list is long :D

Everything from Playing cricket for India to being a lead singer(screamer) for a metal band to playing basketball for the Bulls :lol:

But on a serious note, I really wanted to be a Transportation designer but then lost interest after i got into the technical side of things :p For now i just want to do research on Thermal and fluid sciences after I get my mechanical engineering degree :D

I wanted to be an astronaut when i was a kid :D , always used to draw pictures of rockets and stuff, i was heavily influenced by cartoons i guess :bleh:

I also always wanted to be a chef (i love eating, and thought it would be a great match lol), that didnt work out but atleast i can follow a recipe and cook stuff decently these days :hap2:

Dont Laugh at me , but I wanted to be an Engineer, as in people who design/create stuff. cars or speakers maybe. Unfortunately, even that isn't as easy as it seems :(

Back