What do people think of the LCD Deck (for VFM) with OLED out?

Like yea the OLED deck looks sweet but with the LCD still being the only option for people with a lower budget, and getting a price drop, does it make sense to still go for it or just suck it up and save up for an OLED no matter how long it takes?

I know OLED is a great upgrade along with the other things that comes with it but the price difference here seems to be too much to justify the jump IMO. thoughts?

If you are wondering about FOMO, you need to look at how long you are going to keep it. There might be another update, or the other handhelds might get more powerful. So if you are absolutely itching to have a go and are on a tight budget, go for the LCD and if you like it, then you can think of an upgrade.

If you are wondering about FOMO, you need to look at how long you are going to keep it. There might be another update, or the other handhelds might get more powerful. So if you are absolutely itching to have a go and are on a tight budget, go for the LCD and if you like it, then you can think of an upgrade.
nah no fomo here :) i dont care much for power either since I plan on playing mainly indie / low power games and emulation. which is why the steam deck is so good looking for the 64gb one. i can just throw in an SD card haha

I also was looking at some of the other android emulators which can emulate the stuff I need it to- retroid pocket 4 pro and ayaneo pocket air are looking quite nice if I decide to go for something less big but the versatility of the deck really is something else

As much as I love my Deck, I would suggest waiting a few months for the price to drop before considering the OLED version. Its a great iterative upgrade in every sense, but it's definitely not worth the extra 20k+. Unless you can source it from the middle east or US.

I'd just suggest going for a used 256 LCD, there are a few people selling here at TE. If you're paying close to 65k, that's AMD Z1 territory and you're better off considering ROG Ally (for the chipset)

In isolation, the OLED is worth 45k max for the 512gb version. Regardless of whether you only play low powered games or not, its always better to have more power if you're paying more, which is not the case with SD OLED.

Back