What do you do with DTH when you no longer want to use it?

Ssreek

Adept
So I have a Tatasky DTH.
We've not been using it for a while, meanwhile, I'm planning to shift to a different ISP, and they offer DTH with minimal cost.

So what can be done with this Tatasky DTH?
I can keep both but the problem is one more wire running around the house and full setup with dish and settopbox again. If I relocate in the future, I will have to pay for both.

Well... the dish can be used for other provider as I believe they're compatible and essentially the same thing.
When we shifted homes in 2019 the old owner left his DTH connection (airtel d2h) wires and dish installed here and when we called our provider (videocon d2h) to relocate our connection they suggested to keep the airtel dish and connection wires as it is and just tuned it for their satellite location. They took the old videocon dish from the old house with them.

Now we don't use d2h at all since everything is done via streaming sticks/smart tv.

Well... the dish can be used for other provider as I believe they're compatible and essentially the same thing.
When we shifted homes in 2019 the old owner left his DTH connection (airtel d2h) wires and dish installed here and when we called our provider (videocon d2h) to relocate our connection they suggested to keep the airtel dish and connection wires as it is and just tuned it for their satellite location. They took the old videocon dish from the old house with them.

Now we don't use d2h at all since everything is done via streaming sticks/smart tv.

So for your case, wires and dish stayed the same, and just Set-top-box is changed right?

So for your case, wires and dish stayed the same, and just Set-top-box is changed right?
We carried over our old set top box from previous home. There was nothing new.
The old owner took their set top box with them but left the dish and cables connecting behind, so the rooms had those cables already coming out of the wall. We just hooked out set top box to them and the videocon guys tuned the airtel dish's direction towards their (videocon's) satellite.

We carried over our old set top box from previous home. There was nothing new.
The old owner took their set top box with them but left the dish and cables connecting behind, so the rooms had those cables already coming out of the wall. We just hooked out set top box to them and the videocon guys tuned the airtel dish's direction towards their (videocon's) satellite.
Very interesting and useful..
I will check with them if it's possible for them.

Update:

I asked the technician about the technique you expect mentioned and looks like they already knew it. So it took just 10 mins overall as they were just changing signal and installing new set top box.

But strangely, the picture quality in airtel isn’t as good compared to Tatasky. I asked the technician and he said to he connected everything well and told me to wait for 2 or 3 days for quality to get little better.

But this is not just set top box, they have given that xstream android box which has inbuilt settopbox connection. So the low quality could be either using tatasky dish or maybe from this airtel box.

Any thoughts?

Dish and LNB are universal in most DTHs unless there is a DTH that connects to multiple satellites (like DishTV) which requires a different type of LNB.

You can check the signal strength and quality from somewhere in the settings (I don't know the exact menu on the Xtreme box) if it's green and around 75% it's good and no problem in dish and LNB.

Some DTH reduce the quality to fit more channels per transponder. So the picture quality is not same in all DTH. Also try changing HDMI cable to check if there is any problem in it.

Some DTH reduce the quality to fit more channels per transponder. So the picture quality is not same in all DTH. Also try changing HDMI cable to check if there is any problem in it.
Zee used to highly compress both audio and video streams. No matter how good the signal was, the quality was sub par. Audio used to sound like listening to some speaker under water. In such cases, no matter what we do on our end, nothing is going to make the video look better. Garbage in, garbage out.

Dish and LNB are universal in most DTHs unless there is a DTH that connects to multiple satellites (like DishTV) which requires a different type of LNB.

You can check the signal strength and quality from somewhere in the settings (I don't know the exact menu on the Xtreme box) if it's green and around 75% it's good and no problem in dish and LNB.

I checked Signal strength, it is green and at 72%.

Back