What electronic item you sold and then instantly regretted, and why?

1. Chromecast audio - did not know it can be used with optical out!

2. PS4 pro - couldn`t find time to play when had kids and later realized I missed some games on it, it was JB too.. Had recently got PS5 but still miss it...

3. 4 TB HDD - I brought this from TE member at quite reasonable price but gave away thinking everything is available on streaming, I was wrong... Now costs feel high!

iPad Mini - Sold it and got an iPad Pro. I still miss the convenience and portability of the mini. It was so much nicer to read in bed, or carry around for some quick notes.

iPad Mini - Sold it and got an iPad Pro. I still miss the convenience and portability of the mini. It was so much nicer to read in bed, or carry around for some quick notes.

Back in 2017/2018 (don't remember), I had iPad Mini 5 which I sold and then got iPad regular and regretted a lot. Finally last year got iPad Mini 6 and sold the regular iPad. I love the portability.

I regret selling off my beginner DSLR (Canon 500D) to buy a higher tier DSLR (Canon 7D). The 7D is stupid heavy, bulky, cannot EDC (atleast for me), and not that great in terms of features coming from the 500D. 8FPS is the only feature I can use extensively, instead of the 500D's 3.5 FPS.

I purchased the 500D in 2014, used, for 18k. I "upgraded" to the 7D in 2017, used, for 40k. Totally regretting it.
The 7D is a great camera, just not suited for my use case, is all.

Anyone buying DSLRs for hobby photography, please stick with the 3 digit models.

Also, sold off a shitty action camera (Procus Rush 4k) for dirt cheap. It was not at all reasonable in terms of image quality, and I regretted buying it in the 1st place. Sold it off, and now I wish I would still have it to use as a dashcam for my scooter, as the amount of idiots on the roads have increased.

Back in 2017/2018 (don't remember), I had iPad Mini 5 which I sold and then got iPad regular and regretted a lot. Finally last year got iPad Mini 6 and sold the regular iPad. I love the portability.
Exact same scenario lol. Had the mini 5, wanted something faster and with pencil 2 support so got the Pro. I love using the Pro for video watching or as a whiteboard, but when I'm in bed and want to browse reddit or want to take quick notes at my desk, I do miss the mini. I wouldn't be surprised if I buy a mini 6 when the price drops after the mini 7 comes out

My PS vita. Got it as a gift but wasn't using it anymore as the games were scarce and memory cards were hella expensive.But been regretting it ever since.

Exact same scenario lol. Had the mini 5, wanted something faster and with pencil 2 support so got the Pro. I love using the Pro for video watching or as a whiteboard, but when I'm in bed and want to browse reddit or want to take quick notes at my desk, I do miss the mini. I wouldn't be surprised if I buy a mini 6 when the price drops after the mini 7 comes out

To anyone else, me opting for a smaller screen and almost 15K more money iPad Mini 6 would be a bad decision over a cheaper iPad 10.2 (last generation) but in bed and such, the bigger iPad is such a pain to use (for me) and I simply love the iPad Mini size. I also bought this for my TV show watching need while travelling.

@jmaniac I still have my N900 ... stored somewhere ... The linux superphone! Love it!

See https://vagus.wordpress.com/2010/08/01/gemfire-on-my-n900/

It was even able to run a high performance, state of the art, distributed NoSQL memory oriented data management platform back in the day lol.

Product called GemFire now owned by VMware with an open source edition called Apache Geode.
N900 was way ahead of its time, dual boot support and what not you can do on that beast

N900 was way ahead of its time, dual boot support and what not you can do on that beast
Absolutely! It's not a phone. It's a linux pocket PC that could make phone calls on the side.

I still have mine and power it up once in a while. If it had a faster processor + double the RAM, it would still be a strong daily driver today. It had TV out, but the lack of support for wired remote (like it's predecessor) was the only downer I can think of.

Back