Android What exactly is a "Global unlocked" mobile ?

PoBoy

Skilled
There are a number of ads on OLX for Pixel 3/3A/4/4A for Rs 12k to 14K.

The ad says new, 'Global unlocked' and 'Dubai import'.

What does that mean and can these phones be actually used in India.

Just to confirm, if someone has actually bought/used such a phone please post.

For someone like me who only needs a good camera and can't afford a flagship, these would be nice.

Just make sure the phone supports the right 4g bands and you're good to go. Although, I would be wary of buying from OLX unless it's face to face and you can check the phone thoroughly before buying.

Just to confirm, if someone has actually bought/used such a phone please post.

For someone like me who only needs a good camera and can't afford a flagship, these would be nice.
I've brought a pixel 3 from my local vendor a few days back. The phone is working perfectly with both jio and airtel.

I cannot be certain but globally unlocked means the bootloader is not locked. Some carriers, like Verizon lock the bootloaders, so you know you can't unlock them, and also you have to use their network only. I am not certain whether it is bootloader plus network restrictions, or one or the other.

@girish925 Where is this place? That's a ridiculous price!

Guys I can smell scam from here. Many of them are also advertising the products on instagram. One kid asked me about it just yesterday. He said iPhones are sold very cheaply on IG and he also talked with the seller on WhatsApp. The seller claimed they are unlocked but original. You already know how these things play out.
There is genuine local shop who sells all these certified refurbished phones :)
Google refurbed or seller refurbed? 3rd party refurbs parts are risky. If you are lucky it will last a long time. If not it can fail in a few weeks. I hope there's some kind of warranty in place.
What models do they have and how much do they cost?

Gloabally unlocked here means its sim unlocked to work with any carrier around the globe, All models Pixel 3 to 6 works with all cariers in India including Jio VoLTE. There is only one drawback they're not covered under warranty.

Also buy it from a shop/Dealer u know dont buy it from OLX or any random guy.

Pixel from Verizon US are tend to get sim locked once u reset/Format them but there is simple command which one can use to unlock them to work again with any simcard and they stay unlocked until u reset it again.

Well if you really think he's legit then you could buy from him and re-sell them here for a bit of profit.

These phones are just Demo units imported from japan, I've brought around 4 devices like these. The only issue with these devices is that some need battery replacement. Original battries are easily available directly from google.

Back