What Investment mistakes you made that you want others to avoid?

That's what I assumed. You lost money by trading, not by investing. And no matter what anyone says, it's gambling. Plain and simple.
Yes for most people - trading without tested method - it is gambling. It is possible to trade profitably, but it is not how people generally imagine it to be. Edges exist, and using them is not gambling just as professional card players are not gambling.

For someone to lose 10 lakhs via investing, they need to have invested something like 30-40 lakhs in couple of bad stocks and sell those stocks when they're down by 20-30%. But if that person can afford to invest that much in just couple of stocks, they won't be much concerned about such loss because they'd have other investments to cover it up.
Easy to gamble by investing in stocks too. One may call it investing, and in a bull market it may even work - but real test will happen when things go against you. 'Invest' in microcaps to get multibagger returns and one will probably fall prey to pump and dump. Buy on dips and keep averaging a falling stock and it may work for a while until a stock that goes to 0 takes you out or erases large part of returns.
Basically, just like trading, you need a tested method for investing too and proper risk management, and will have to stick by it through ups and downs.

Anyway, enough from me.

I don't know if this is a mistake but I feel like buying my first car despite knowing everything (deprecating asset + 100% liability) but I have a hollow like feeling now. Want to buy a 4 wheeler I can dump my bag in and go anywhere I want.

Do mistakes you can afford and learn a lesson or two. May help a lot in the long run and get to know new perspectives about life.

Many people after isolated Covid19 lifestyle learned few things about life in general, and how indifferent death is, want to shift into rural areas and live quite life.
It is debatable how practical the idea is, but have seen similar life changes done by few middle aged people who retired rich (this was decades back). They were having good life.

Back