PC Peripherals What is a credit note

anupamsinha

Disciple
Hi All

A long time back(18th July 2005) I had given my motherboard for repairs. Till date I have not recd my board back. Though after around 2 months when I didn't get any replacement I fought for a standby and got one. Today I asked them about the status of my board. I asked them for a new board. They said they would give one after 3-4 days otherwise they would give a credit note.

I would like to know what is a credit note. If its something like I can buy anything worth the amount on the credit note then would I be restricted to buying it from D-Link only and would I have to buy the products at MRP. What would be the value of the credit note.

My board was GA-7N400-L. I would recommend you NOT to buy anything from Gigabyte. Their service sucks. Despite numerous mails to Gigabyte nothing has happened. Though Gigabyte says that my board has been repaired the service center tells a different story.

yes that is exactaly a credit note... But i can assure you that you can say No for a credit note and ask for a complete refund and to my knowledge the company would have to do that...

Hi Switch

In case I ask them for a complete refund and if they agree. Would that be on current price, the price at which I bought the board, the MRP at present or the MRP at the time I bought the board.

last time my WD hdd failed on me and they couldnt get a replacement one. so they gave me a credit note for the current market price of a similar capacity hdd which i could redeem at the store i purchased the hard disk from. so i got a seagate hdd

No as a comumer you are entitled to a ***complete*** refund if the company is not able to repair/replace the product... It is how hardly you pursue... I had an MS IE 3.0 and it concked off in six months and it had 3 yrs warrenty... they asked me replace the mouse with thier Wiresless IE 2.0 version which was much more expensive them IE 3.0 but i refused as i wanted a good weired mouse which IE 3.0 was so asked them to weather get the mouse or give me a complete refund... They then took about a month but eventually got me brand new mouse from singapore for me...

So in the end all i am trying to state is that how hard you pursue them... You paid extra for the service not for the product ;)...

P.S. They will have to pay you exactaly the price you paid for the product and not the market price... Why cause would they pay to a premium if by chance the value of the product had raised by now...

Switch said:
yes that is exactaly a credit note... But i can assure you that you can say No for a credit note and ask for a complete refund and to my knowledge the company would have to do that...

not necessary, if the company's refund or return policy is limited to a credit note, it would be tough for him to get cash.

just make hell of a noise. threaten them with consumer court etc. hope you get your money back :no:

update - bottle & switch beat me to it,,, anupam as bottle said credit note most probably would be the current price of product.

Thanks a lot Switch, bottle and dipdude. I would wait for around 3-4 days and then would again ask them for the status of the board. I would try to get the refund not the credit note. Would keep you all posted on it.

The credit note value is usually the current market price of the product...well thats wat i know so far...

But u can always insist on a replacement or a new board instead of a credit note....coz the value of a credit note is quite less...

I am facing a similar kind of problem with my Asus K8V mobo...which is lying with Digicom since almost 2 months!!

Back