Android What is the best app for call/sms blocking ?

Just moved to android from iOS and i am lookin for a call/sms blocker app that hopefully doesn't eat up too much battery . the app should not only have the ability to blacklist nos. but offer a whitelist feature wherein you can set to receive calls/sms only from those nos. that are stored in your contacts and reject all other incoming calls.

Truecaller does the job for calls. For SMSs you can use handscent and blacklist the numbers you don't want texts from.
Can you setup true caller to receive calls only from those in the whitelist ?? Also when someone from the blocklist calls u do they hear the ring or dothey just get the number cannot be reached, blah. blah message??

NQ Call blocker.. both for call And sms blocking.. best blocking app out there imo.. It doesnt even show u the notification when It blocks !! Give it a try u wont be disappointed

Last edited:
NQ Call blocker.. both for call And sms blocking.. best blocking app out there imo.. I doesnt even show u the notification when It blocks !! Give it a try u wont be disappointed
Does it have a whitelist? Can it be set to block all incoming calls except the ones on the contact ??

After installing and then deleting true caller(no whitelist) tried NQ Call Blocker. Quite a good app.Has lots of features.However two annoyances(when a call from blocked no comes you hear a ring for a second before it disconnects(the only app which i tested that doesn't ring at all is Calls Blacklist;unfotunately no whitelist support).Another bigger annoyance is the fact that the blocked numbers appear on your google phone contact list.

Can it also be used to block SMSs from senders like e.g.LM-RELGEN (this is for reliance general insurance company)? These type of SMSs don't have a sender's no. They just have header.

Back