What is the best Hosting in India ?

Unless he has access to cheap web designers (with e-commerce expertise), use a subscription package from sites like zenfolio or smugmug (or many others). They let you use your own domain and give you tools to sell your photos.

Will be custom designing the whole theme ...however have very less experience in SEO...Have decided on the Host ...just stuck in midway between the theme design and e-commerce integration

https://www.scaleway.com/pricing/
this seems very cheap.

But I am not aware of how much work is to set up a cloud server for hosting multiple websites (Is that possible?)
I have my sites in some shared hosting and comparatively this is much cheaper. (I have few drupal/wp sites)
Is it advisable to move them to something like this?

I want to create a website with the option of Cpanel. So that I can customize everything. My website is also going to have videos with a video player , images and data and a lot of pages. What would you suggest would be the Best Option. I read all of the above but want to know so that I dont make a wrong choice and later regret the same.

Cpanel is free on most of the host if you opt for Linux Hosting ...better check hosting that supports flv integration ....reagrding which one is best ...it depends on a lot of factors ...like budget ...bandwidth required ...and also mainly CMS[DOUBLEPOST=1442079030][/DOUBLEPOST]Better go for some cheap renewal ...as eather way it is getting renewed for the period you opt for ...and for starter websites ...there are a lot of options ...Bigrock,Godaddy,Inmotion,Hostgator...etc etc ...

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the info. I would recommend not going for godaddy .as I already have a account there. Prices are too expensive .

Was reading their website. They seem to support Drupal and Wordpress but not Postgres and MySQL. Not sure how that works.
They have this image concept - which I guess is pre bundled stuffs.
And they do supports databases - Read under this link, they do provide the MySQL credentials.

By upcoming in the Imagehub section, I suppose they mean standalone DB server bundle.

BTW, if I install a clean distro, what needed to be done to host my sites?
DB packages, scripts - php/py/ruby, apache installations etc? How to set the nameservers?
Is Cpanel required?

BTW, if I install a clean distro, what needed to be done to host my sites?
DB packages, scripts - php/py/ruby, apache installations etc? How to set the nameservers?
Is Cpanel required?

Managing VPSs is a sysadmin like job. If you aren't up to it, I would say stay away. You will get a ssh access and then you are on your own. Some things like DDOS are handled by the service provider but you will have to worry about every other aspect of server security/management.

Installation of packages is quite straightforward if you have used Linux. E.g. if you install Ubuntu, it will be the same set of commands you use for your desktop.

Nameserver configuration is done in the domain name configuration. The company that sold you the domain names would provide a mechanism to configure the domain name parameters. Nothing to do with host configuration.

Never used Cpanel. I always bought the cheaper unmanaged versions and used command line.

Back