PC Peripherals What is the cheapest UPS money can buy ?

aryayush

Disciple
Hello.

I live in a hostel in Noida where power outages are pretty rare. When they do happen, the generator kicks in after about ten minutes. So my requirement is pretty tame.

I need a small UPS that can power a Mac Mini (110W) and a Drobo (40W) during those gaps of a few minutes where the power is out. But I need it to be reliable and at least moderately good-looking. Also, I want the power ports to accept those American flat prongs without any adapter.

Is there any UPS that meets my requirements? Please let me know.

Thanks.

dont know if it has the us ports.. but you should probly get the apc 500va @ about 1800/-.

Further if u want im willing to let go my ups @ 500/- (800va batt but needs to be replaced)

Thanks, everyone. So, APC, Hightec, or Microtek? I do need the US ports. Do the APC or Microtek UPS’ have them as well?

amityrock said:
Further if u want im willing to let go my ups @ 500/- (800va batt but needs to be replaced)
Oh, thanks for the offer. I don’t really buy second-hand products though.

Oh, and that Microtek thing is ugly as hell. Isn’t there something decent-looking?

lotus_600va-21122007-074524.jpg

aryayush said:
Oh, and that Microtek thing is ugly as hell. Isn’t there something decent-looking?

lotus_600va-21122007-074524.jpg

Huh? Couldn't you visit their Official Site to take a look at their current offering instead of posting some outdated image of their ups ??

And by the looks of it, I'd say they have decent looking products.

Please don't expect stunning looks for the price you pay.

P.S : Please avoid consecutive posts !

Yeah, their more recent designs are indeed a bit better. Thanks for pointing me to their website. They don’t have the USA plugs, do they? And where is this Hightec UPS? I cannot find them online.

As for double-posting, I used to be careful about it but every forum I visit has implemented auto-merging now and I’ve really lost the habit of making sure I wasn’t double-posting. TechEnclave should really install that plugin as well. It has become a de facto standard. I’ll try and remember it when I’m posting here though.

Back