Monitors What options do I have in 27"+ IPS monitors

^The U2410 certainly performs better than the U2311 if you were to view both the panels side-by-side. Color gamut of the U2410 is higher/wider than the other. Response times and input lags - fairly the same with minimal differences. Connectivity front - U2410 wins. Dual DVI, HDMI, component, composite whereas the U2311 has the DVI, Display port and VGA.

I got the prices for some of the monitors

Dell U2311 H = 15750/-

U2410 WFP = 32350/-

27” Benq M 2700 Monitor = 24500/-

27” Dell U 2711 Monitor = 43000/-

At this point the Dell U2311 seems like the deal. Can't imagine paying twice for an extra inch on the U2410.

@Freaky, Arrgh. thanks for catching that. I PM'd SMC about U2311, but ended up posting in their thread which was for the P2311.

Gannu said:
^Apple products were never in your good books anyway. Why spare this display right? :p
The only thing that made me switch from a CRT to an LCD is an Apple Cinema display that I saw at my office. Before I saw that, I have always preferred CRT's over the typical TN Panel fare. I bought my Dell display because it used the same panel and offered more connectivity and features for a substantially lower price. In any case, the main thing that puts me off the Apple displays is the lack of hardware controls and very poor connectivity options. Also the Dell usually offers several additional features as well though the hardware controls. I would just as well go for the Cinema display had it not been stingy on at least the essential features. Had it been 35k, it would at least have been worth suggesting as a vfm option to someone who does not require a lot of connectivity. At 39k, its simply not worth purchasing it over the Dell unless you are a die hard Apple fan. Even my former room partner decided to go with the same Dell display as mine with his Mac Mini due to the same reasons.

btw, I am not ready to believe that the Apple display costs just 39k either. Typically Cinema displays cost at least 15~20k more than the Dell equivalents.

I did read your post.

Unfortunately I am prevented professionally from commenting on the merits of Apple products unless they are positive comments.

I shall therefore refrain from commenting on the merits of this product, regardless of price.

Back