What path should I choose

laraibsidd

Disciple
Hey, fellow developers.

So i am currently employed in a WITCH. Before getting placed i did a lot freelancing and junior roles and i thought i could crack off-campus. I applied to a lot of companies on [angel.co](https://angel.co) hardly got interviews but had trouble. I didn't put much effort on my on-campus. Out of the blue i got selected in a WITCH it felt relaxing to get placed somewhere after all those rejections.

So i got laid back and sticked with it hoping it's just the start i will change things with time.

Even though i heard a lot of bad things about service based companies it turned out to not that bad except the pay.

I got into a good project with a good team.

Currently working on Azure synapse with the job of data transformtaion using pyspark. It was easy for me as i have previously worked with data transformation using python.

So where i am stuck is deciding with path to choose for:

* Software Developer - start grinding dsa on a daiy basis.
* Cloud Developer or Data Engineer - My current role seems good. With the time i have at hand i can master azure cloud the most i can.

So are there oppotunities for Data engineer or cloud developers with 1 year experience that's as rewarding as SDE in product based companies.

Data is the new gold.
Anything that keeps you around you will keep you in demand. Ofcourse you must upgrade your skills with hot trends.

*We struggled a LOT to get good pyspark devs last year and we ended up hiring remote developers with exceptions.

Data Science/Data Analytics/integrations/etc.

*Just realised the OP is banned :p but my response can help others. please don't bash me :p

Data is the new gold.
Anything that keeps you around you will keep you in demand. Ofcourse you must upgrade your skills with hot trends.

*We struggled a LOT to get good pyspark devs last year and we ended up hiring remote developers with exceptions.

Data Science/Data Analytics/integrations/etc.

*Just realised the OP is banned :p but my response can help others. please don't bash me :p
Dataops,mlops,secops is the future. coding will be automated soon already a lot of testing etc is being automated cutting jobs

Back