What product(s) did you buy with a YOLO (you only live once) mindset?

1. My Car - Still using it after 10 years.
✅ Cannot find anything to match its torque - But use has been limited the past 3-4 years since switching to public transport
✅ Always wanted to buy that car for its engine. Went to the showroom, they said there was one available - plonked the cash and got it.

2. My Electric Bike - Ather 450x
✅ Took its own sweet time coming to my city. Went for a test ride. Both my cousin and I got it. Almost a year now, still riding it almost everyday. No regrets.

3. iPad Air - Bought here Sealed and Brand New
❌ Regret buying a WiFi only variant - but did not want to spend more than I already did. And now I am not sure if I should have. My main stays are my Windows PCs and Samsung Tabs

4. Apple Pencil - 2nd Gen
❌ Considering I write rather than draw, that 10k seems like a sheer waste since my experience with a 2k aftermarket pen has been no different really.

1. My Car - Still using it after 10 years.
✅ Cannot find anything to match its torque - But use has been limited the past 3-4 years since switching to public transport
✅ Always wanted to buy that car for its engine. Went to the showroom, they said there was one available - plonked the cash and got it.
What car? 10 years ago, torque, can I hazard a guess... Optra with the Magnum engine???

Bought a Nikon P520 in 2013 worth quarter of my stipend money. Sadly, it hasn't been used much either. Alternative was to buy Bitcoin, chickened out obviously.

Bought my first and only Car in 2016 as soon as I could afford one on emi. Totally love driving it to the bits 65,000 kms later.

Bought an Asics Gel-quantum 360 shoe for triple my usual budget. Due to euphoria in early days, didn't realise that shoe wasn't best fit for my wide feet, hence longer usage results in pain. Passed them over to my sis who has the same feet size.

2 purchases which aren't exactly YOLO but I totally not-regret spending money on them -

Seiko SKX009 and Edifier R1700BT.

I bought a top of the line soundblaster audigy 2zs platinum Pro for around 15k back in 2003 with my dad's money. Was very proud of it when i got it, but later found out what a monumental POS it was. Have never been a late adopter of things ever since.

More recently i bought a taction kannon headset for $500. Again piece of crap.

Only purchase I don't regret was spending 20k USD on a Honda civic si when everyone else was buying a vanilla version. All my friends said i was crazy buying a manual car in the US, but i thoroughly enjoyed driving it every day and would go on long drives on weekends just for the sake of it. Was able to sell it too this year when i came back for a good price because of the pandemic craziness. That was a good call.

I've bought a sony wh-1000xm4 recently from the bestbuy sale, before this the most expensive headphones I owned were skullcandy crushers which I didn't like that much tbh. Still waiting on my relative to come back to india though. ;_;

My 3080 gaming pc, it was a dream to build a PC with a Nvidia *80 series card. Not too enthused with this purchase. Also my new 14 inch MacBook Pro. Really like this one. Hopefully it lasts like a decade and more.

A Grand i10 Asta back in 2017 when I didn't even know how to drive a 4 wheeler. Learned to drive after I purchased it.
The odometer still hasn't crossed the 10k mark to date and for the last 1 year it's sitting idle as I'm at my hometown :rolleyes:

A Grand i10 Asta back in 2017 when I didn't even know how to drive a 4 wheeler. Learned to drive after I purchased it.
The odometer still hasn't crossed the 10k mark to date and for the last 1 year it's sitting idle as I'm at my hometown :rolleyes:
Where do you live? Sell it to me. CoD. ;)

Back