Car & Bike What sports bike under 6lac?

Hi...I have always wished for a sports bike and might go for one in near future..just cant resist...so wanted to get some info on the sports bikes that are available in India, for under 6lac...

I have never ridden a sports bike...have been ridding my Karizma for more than 4yrs and love that bike...I also enjoyed riding my brother's Bajaj Eliminator, its like an luxury bike...

Note: No Ninja 25R please.

^I second that. In my opinion the 250R is one of the best options for a stepping stone / introduction to super bikes. :) Don't underestimate the Ninja , it's actually really good for the price .*that's what I heard from one of my friend who tests superbikes for Bike India mag*

Straightaway hopping on to a Fireblade or CBR wouldn't be the best thing to do :p.

@ OP , you need to post more information like , previous history of bikes, any super bikes ,riding experience . what exactly are you looking for etc.

FaH33m said:
^I second that. In my opinion the 250R is one of the best options for a stepping stone / introduction to super bikes. :)
I agree with ur point about start slow for super bikes but Ninja 250R just dint impress me enough...specially the speedometer and the silencer...have had a look at it in person though...

FaH33m said:
@ OP , you need to post more information like , previous history of bikes, any super bikes ,riding experience . what exactly are you looking for etc.
edited my first post...

as you have 0 experience with larger bikes, best if you go for a sub 500 cc unit first. You will need to learn how to ride a super bike, and how to control it, as well as maintain it. There are just too many do's and dont's to ensure you dont break urself and the machine.

There are many instances of improperly imported bikes, so you need to get to a good genuine dealer too, who can offer sales, and service, or at least spares for your bike. Even a simple thing like getting a new battery/ switch for a superbike can become a very tedious process.

Have fun, Cheers!

Get a seconds.. Youll get some very well kept ones for 6Ls for sure.

R6 or CBR600. Learn the groove.

The throttle response..ride style(really not suited for our city roads where you brake and shift every 5 mts)..braking.. the entire experience is very different.

TBH you first ride a Super bike first for few kms, If you have any acquaintances. spread it equally between city roads and open highway. you'll get what your buying into.

And another part is..only get a bike that you can maintain. check the availability of parts..and check if you can get a service center or mechanic for it.

You from Hyderabad..it couldn't be THAT hard actually.

Rahulrulez said:
I would recommend you Yamaha R6 in case of look and specs.. Bike would cost you around 7L..

7 L for what model?

The YZF R6 2009 is quoted at 11-12 L.

Plus it is a killer to drive and control.

Frankly it was scary as shit.

If you can get R6, then no need to look any further. Otherwise, Get a Ninja, and after that you can always customize its looks if you are not satisfied(and that will be a special case:p). It will be well within your budget even after the mods. Trust me, jumping straight to a 1000 odd CC Superbike is not recommended at all. Think before you take the plunge!

I will also suggest to get either a 400 cc or a 600 at max for your journey into the realm of superbikes, these nikes are monsters man, you have to learn to control them, to love them, to respect them and their power...then after a couple of thousand KMs you will be able to gas them, that my friend will take you into another world.

so be gentle and dont go for the super bikes at the first go. get a secondhand 400 or 600 for yourself and then progress.

Even my plan is just for a 400-600cc bike...I am completely new to this for now...did some searching last night and came across CBR600, R6, GSX-R600...R6 caught my eye out of the three, looks stunning...

I also wanted to know about which bikes have low maintenance?

Now, if and when I decide to go for a bike, where can I buy it from and how does the import option work?Nd also where to look for a second hand bike?

Irecently read in a mag that the ninja 250r costs same as in the UK...i think that is awesome as the CKD route is helpful...another thing which they mentioned is that it is the original international outgoing model which is on sale here (albeit with the addition of a saree guard ;) )...I would say that is your best bet as of now but if you can get a R6 for the price rahulrulez says...I would say go for it...and better get in touch wid me for your own safety if u r coming to mumbai wid the bike ;)

Why you guys are interested in sports bikes which are not comfortable for long trips? I think, after some months of usage you guys will really feel to go for cruise. Wait for Harley to come with a reasonably priced cruice bikes. In the upcoming Delhi auto expo, they will announce the details.
There you enjoy long rides without breaking you backbone..with real riding quality.
Or if you just want to show off, go for sports.....

regards,
anand

Harleys spend more time in the shed getting fixed than on the road. They are good only as show pieces not for real riding - especially in Indian conditions they'll fall apart in no time.

This was told to me by my manager at office who has owned three harleys till date including the soft tail.

anandkrishnantc said:
Why you guys are interested in sports bikes which are not comfortable for long trips? I think, after some months of usage you guys will really feel to go for cruise. Wait for Harley to come with a reasonably priced cruice bikes. In the upcoming Delhi auto expo, they will announce the details.
There you enjoy long rides without breaking you backbone..with real riding quality.
Or if you just want to show off, go for sports.....

regards,
anand
Not everyone buys a sports bike just to show off...I would want one for its speed and all the power it holds under its body...Maybe it not a good choice for longer riders, but then I never mentioned about the same here...I do enjoy riding cruise bikes too but thats not what I would wana buy for now..cruise bike will be in my wishlist for later...
Now, can someone advice me on some good dealers for imported bikes...from Hyderabad preferred, if any...

Dont be fooled by the ninjas speedometer, although its looks really antique, its the bike performance that matters, and i dont think you would be disappointed on this front. First 400cc and 600cc are not being sold legally so that would always be an issue, nowadays they are really clamping down on grey market bikes. I saw on a forum a link to an aftermarket digital speedo as well

Back