What to bring from Japan?

4dh1r

Adept
Hi Folks,

My bro is going to Japan on a business trip. Most probably he'll be around Tokyo.
Please suggest me the stuff that is available in Japan? like Digicams / Camcorders (HD with Hard Disk) / Mobiles / PDA etc

Also, plz suggest which Laptop can he buy, a regular one used for just internet browsing will do...
People who have travelled to Japan, can also plz tell about some Malls/shopping places to shop the above mentioned gadgets...

Get Some Blank DVDz .. TY maybe ?

Or Mp3 player like Toshiba Gigabeat .. (was a rage wen it hit the mkt)

All in all Stuff exclusive to Japanese company .. n i guess u too know that. :p

Akihabara is the best place to shop for electronics in Japan. It consists of mainly small stores and a few big stores like Bic Camera, Yogobashi.

The small stores are open to bargaining. You can easily expect some 20-30% lower price than the MRP even on branded stuff.

Show your Passport while shopping for duty-free shopping.

You can find computer components also at Akihabara.

Big stores like Bic Camera and YogoBashi also offer discounts in the range of 10%, that too in the form of cash backs only if you are a card holder of that store.

I'm not interested in gaming consoles Wii/XBox/PS3/PSP etc... I have a decent rig to play only the few games that I like... :)
Thanks everybody for the suggestions... I have asked him to bring something like Xacti DMX-HD1000 - HD 720p/1080i video recorder if the price is feasible...
can I get iPhone or it's accessories in Japan (is iPhone launched there)???
What are your suggestions for laptop? which brand? I want only for regular surfing and for using word/excel etc... So a cheap one will do...

Back