What to do at Kolkata ??

GuruGulabKhatri i I have heard of peter cat, how expensive is the place for one person? 500-700 I guess,try the Chelo Kebab

And where to go for clothes? Any place where you get extremely good imitation or factory second stuff like at Bangalore?
try the Flea market Infront of grand hotel @ Dharamtalla
PS dont forget to wash all ur food Down with a Glass or 2 of mango lassi Near KC dass Sweet Shop at dharamtalla..they are as Delicious as Sin :)

10Chars

Instead of overhyped Chello kababs try Dum Ki Rann. Totally worth it.

Kolkata has the worst Chinese preps, everything is dipped in ketchup, try a chilli chicken you'll get ketchup kauwa.
places like Tangra and Chinese eateries in Park street (Tung Fong) are such a rip off. Tangra has cheap food and cheaper service.

Food and Beverages at the Park are 4x what they used to be and bands prefer Bangalore, Delhi or Pune. Live music has taken a Huge beating. Avoid Mags, Oly and Trincas. Bloated places.

Almost forgot to mention the perennial snobbish attitude that restaurants throw around. I mean Delhi is in general rude, but decent places have tameez. Bangalore, decent places have tameez. Calcutta is surprisingly snootish.

Oh and the bong chicks are freakishly loud and hog all the food, probably your shots too. Buckets and buckets of chicken, I kid you not.

Nah not all that bad, I like to complain occasionally. Kolkata is a decent place. Enjoy the humidity. :)

So till now

Tram Ride - Check Indeed a very different feel , but would have been better if they maintained the trams cleaner :(
Arsalan- Done
Biryani and Rolls from Zeeshan - Done Multiple times :D ( My apartment is in front of it )
Chandni Chowk Visit- Done!
New Market -done( although i got lost inside that place at least half a dozen times !!)
Esplanade- Done Bought a few t-shirts for 150 each, I just hope they last for a few months! Lots of unseen designs, Couldn't resist :D
Visited Wow momo! , I feel they are over priced in comparison to the trends seen outside!

Today , Will visit College street! will see if i can get some Books
Parking is a real headache By the way!

I haven’t been to any metro cities before unaccompanied , so this drifting around is fresh.
The swarms of publics, The urgency of the people, and you find yourself walking on the road because the pavements are so crowded !
All this is anything but overwhelming :O

@Party Monger Why are you " worried " that no one suggested it ;)
I am not allowed nightouts so sadly no girls or partying :'(
the bong chicks are freakishly loud and hog all the food, probably your shots too. Buckets and buckets of chicken, I kid you not.
Even i noticed this part while roaming around , was rather shocked too !

If you are into Chinese, I would suggest visit Chinatown, or Tangra as otherwise known. It is between Science City and Park Circus, just ask somebody. This is the area of famous Chinese eateries, serving authentic Chinese food. Visit anyone, they are all good.

Go to Maidan for a lazy afternoon stroll. You can catch a ride in horse drawn carriages if you want, not very costly

I really love the chinese cuisine, and for a few years now , i have been hunting down good chinese restaurants wherever i go ! But even at the best of places they "indianize" the dishes so that the indian taste buds are not disappointed !
I hope i can find some good places at tangra as well! but the roadside stalls i have seen at kolkata till now , serve indianised versions only !
I had seen a Chinese place behind Empire cinemas Near Esplanade , The place looked nice ! I cant remember the name , If anyone has gone to this place , let me know !

To go to the Maidan For an afternoon stroll at this time of the year, I would have to get an AC fitted on me ! it is SOO Hot :(

Back