Storage Solutions What to do with out-of-warranty DVD writers?

talsilo

Disciple
My Samsung DVD writer has died within 15 months. When I called up Samsung CC, they gave me the address on Lamington Rd., very well knowing it is out-of-warranty. When I reached the authorised service centre, they refused to take it saying they take only in-warranty products.

So, who can fix these writers? Or junking them the only option?

Better get a new one..they are quiet cheap now a days.

Once my old CD-Writer stopped working so i opened (unscrewed) it and cleaned and all and it started working. Not sure how :)

Do some R&D.... Open it, clean it.... If it works fair & good, otherwise dump it....

Its not economical to repair a faulty DVD Writer.... Better get a new one if it does not revive....

janitha said:
If you decide to open it and try it powered, be careful since the laser can be dangerous to the eyes.

thanks prem! that is useful!

I opened the four screws to see if i can clean the lens, but then the lens was on the other side, and i cd not open the other side.

@raksrules, i understand it is better to buy a new one...but the point is, time flies, and it seems only yesterday that i bought a new dvd writer, and now i don't feel like junking it as it was moderately used :(

^^ Dude that happens with hardware. I myself have 3 DVD- writers at home, two of them junked so kept as showoff on my big ATX cabinet not connected from behind :eek:hyeah:

When my cousins come home they are surprised...Itna saara DVD-writers :rofl:

Back