What to get from macau, HongKong, Shenzen ?

Hello all,

my sister is going for a week long trip of macau, hong kong and shenzen on the 28th.

I heard that most electronics things are much cheaper there.

The only things i am interested in are TV, Laptop/Netbook, Tablet (no cameras or audio gear required).

Please tell me if there is considerable difference in prices of these items in any of the three cities compared to india.

If there is a difference can you please suggest me some good options that i can get from there ?

Hong Kong - Iphone 4 Factory Unlocked

Shenzhen - This is the heaven for cheap chinese electronics. Entire china gets its electronics from this city. For TV you can check companies like Midea (it is not Media but Midea) or TVs from Hisense.

Portable media players if you are into watching videos etc on the move. Companies like Ainol, Teclast, Onda

Try to get Meizu M9 phone, costs 17K types but it is quality phone.

Btw when it comes to China (Shenzhen) you will not get top brand electronics any cheaper. It may be almost same. Difference will be for local brands.

raksrules said:
Hong Kong - Iphone 4 Factory Unlocked

Btw when it comes to China (Shenzhen) you will not get top brand electronics any cheaper. It may be almost same. Difference will be for local brands.
Thanks for the information raksrules,

I am not interested in phones (used nokia 1100 for 5 years before i was gifted my present samsung star in 2009)

I thought branded stuff will be cheaper there. IF i do get chinese stuff, is there any warranty? I think it'll be difficult as these brands are not present here.

I specifically heard that tablets/ laptops are cheaper there. shouldnt brands like asus, msi, acer etc be cheaper there as they are somewhat chinese (taiwanese)

Any links to the TV options with specifications ?

^^MSI is cheaper. I had purchased two MSI laptops from China and i had got them in very good rates. But for others there is not very vast difference. For local chinese brands dont expect any warrant but be sure to buy of some good brand. Also dont buy any very expensive stuff of local brands as you know how chinese maal is.

The truth about many products in India which are said to be "China ka maal" is infact a substandard product made in India only but labelled as Chinese. The good chinese stuff never reach India and if they do then it is through other channels and priced more (eg Dell XCD35)

If you know we have this AC Ryan POHD which costs upwards of 7500 even today. I had bought the exactly same player (it is not a cheap replica but exact same hardware) of the brand Eaget for Rs 4200 way back in October 2009.

But yes that player has no warranty here but till date absolutely no issues what that player *touchwood*. Plays anything and everything.

Getting FU iphone4 in HK dream on it .Its not available in stores and in the grey markets its expensive than India( this was rant by a friend who was in HK 2 weeks back).

Metalspree said:
Getting FU iphone4 in HK dream on it .Its not available in stores and in the grey markets its expensive than India( this was rant by a friend who was in HK 2 weeks back).
Same goes for Sgp. I think Canada is where one can get a FU iPhone 4 pretty quick. Sgp/HK has a waiting period of at least a month. It is definitely cheap though.

SGP and HK have 1-2 days of wait time but i am 100% sure they are not available in stores .Apple doesn't sell FU phones in these 2 countries in stores they are available only in Online stores ,same goes with NZ and to buy from Online stores you need to have a local CC + address.

All this is because of the scalpers who sell the phones in China.

Gannu said:
Same goes for Sgp. I think Canada is where one can get a FU iPhone 4 pretty quick. Sgp/HK has a waiting period of at least a month. It is definitely cheap though.

Not true. My friend bought one from SGP, 15 days ago. The phone was shipped just next day !

avi said:
Not true. My friend bought one from SGP, 15 days ago. The phone was shipped just next day !
Things might have improved then. Ritvik did confirm sometime back that the phone has a long waiting period.

avi said:
hmm...may be. As iP5 is about to come, they have started the dumping process.
No it was not dumping the reason they stopped the iphone 4 sales in HK & SG was because of the scalper who were selling each and every phone to China market.

raksrules said:
Upto 2 Liters i guess and that too only from the duty free shops on airports from what i know.
That will get more than used up by my brother-in-law ;)
raksrules said:
^^MSI is cheaper. I had purchased two MSI laptops from China and i had got them in very good rates. But for others there is not very vast difference. For local chinese brands dont expect any warrant but be sure to buy of some good brand. Also dont buy any very expensive stuff of local brands as you know how chinese maal is.
If you know we have this AC Ryan POHD which costs upwards of 7500 even today. I had bought the exactly same player (it is not a cheap replica but exact same hardware) of the brand Eaget for Rs 4200 way back in October 2009.
But yes that player has no warranty here but till date absolutely no issues what that player *touchwood*. Plays anything and everything.
I asked them to get MSI X370 (only 8 cell) if under 28k or ASUS 1215B if under 18k

Dont want to bother them with searching local chinese brands. They are not gadget freaks and wont know much about specifications.

Also dont want to spoil their trip trying to search for things without even knowing the language ;)

Back