CPU/Mobo What type of RAM to get?

Kyoto

Recruit
I bought a prebuilt pc 2 years ago from a US company . I havent found the need to upgrade the ram until now. According to task manager my ram is running at 2666mhz. Crucial desktop ram Ive found this ram on amazon and wanted to know if its compatible since i learned that the voltage has to match. Although they have the same brand , mine is crucial ballistix , i found a similiar one but with a different colour from a suspicious seller and the delivery is also more than a week .

Wanted to know if the ram i selected will be compatible with my pc.
Others specs: i5 10400f
Gigabyte 1660 super
Gigabyte B460m Motherboard
Included cpu-z ram info
Desktop Screenshot 2023.03.15 - 19.59.50.32 (2).png

Sorry if i used the wrong prefix couldnt find one for ram
I know that it says 1.2v on amazon link but i wasnt sure about the ram i have since there are different values for different frequency

So i found two variants looking exactly like mine the one with 3000Mhz costs 3k but same type with 3200mhz costs 2.5k. However they both have sellers with not so great reviews ( both different sellers) . I dont care about aesthetics so wanted to know if my original selection but with frequency of 3000mhz like this would work.

Searching by the part number BL8G30C15U4R your ram is this > https://www.flipkart.com/crucial-ba...000mhz-cl15-desktop-gaming/p/itmaabb2a65006c0

It's 3000Mhz. So you should get at least that or faster. Memory speed shown in task manager is dynamic. It changes.

I checked it out and its out of stock unfortunately :(

so wanted to know if my original selection but with frequency of 3000mhz like this would work.
I'm gonna have to say yes but I can't guarantee. I would have bought it for personal system. I have never had any problem using mismatching RAMs running in dual channel mode.

Mismatched RAMs would work together but at the speed which is slowest among them (since the slower RAM can't go faster than that but faster RAM can run slower).

It's 3000Mhz. So you should get at least that or faster.
10400f only support speeds upto 2666mhz on b460 mobos, no matter the ram it will run at max 2666mhz.
Memory speed shown in task manager is dynamic. It changes.
I think you are confusing it with cpu freq cause task manager only shows a single static ram speed.

As for OPs question, almost any ram will work with your current system, since your current ram supports 2666 at cl19 try finding the cheapest 2666mhz cl19 stick.

10400f only support speeds upto 2666mhz on b460 mobos, no matter the ram it will run at max 2666mhz.

I think you are confusing it with cpu freq cause task manager only shows a single static ram speed.

As for OPs question, almost any ram will work with your current system, since your current ram supports 2666 at cl19 try finding the cheapest 2666mhz cl19 stick.
Thanks for the detailed reply , I think ill go with my original selection since its 2666mhz and is also the cheapest option.

Got the ram today and installed it , took me a while since the clips were being blocked by the gpu but got it to work after an hour of trying. Ram works great , I can't believe i was using only 8 gb for 2 whole years. Definitely a game changer for me.

Back