PC Peripherals Whats the best amd64 board with an AGP slot?

MaxX

Disciple
Hi,

Recently with all boards featuring PCI-E, I was wondering if there any decent boards with AGP support?

I know of a few good boards with AGP support namely-

asus a8v
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

Any newer ones?

Cheers

yea I meant 'like' nforce3 boards..

I was wondering about the quality of asrock boards, cause my friend had one and had major probs with his GFX card on it I think.

MaxX said:
yea I meant 'like' nforce3 boards..

I was wondering about the quality of asrock boards, cause my friend had one and had major probs with his GFX card on it I think.

Well, that might have been one with the AGI slot along with a PCI-E slot. The problem with that is u've to use only cards which have been certified by ASRock. Only then will it work properly. But this new board has AGP and so that problem should not arise.

There was a write up of the ASROCK board in the Nov Chip mag....

asusmobo4iy.jpg

the onboard lan on the a8v used to hang last time when the pc was overclocked.. one of the reaons i switched to neo2, have any a8v users faced this problem?

^Availability of the ASrock = :(. Lotsa nakhra from the dealers, keep postponing the arrival date :"It's on the way", "Call Monday"..

bottle said:
the onboard lan on the a8v used to hang last time when the pc was overclocked.. one of the reaons i switched to neo2, have any a8v users faced this problem?

Th onboard LAN never worked with my old Hathway connection.

That is why I had to buy a PCI LAN card. I have not tried the onboard LAN with the Airtel connection...

i was just using a cross cable to connect 2 pcs and whenever i tried to browse ne neighborhood it would hang :( a cheap lan card solved the issue however ;) .. anyway i think we are getting too ot

TechHead said:
^Availability of the ASrock = :(. Lotsa nakhra from the dealers, keep postponing the arrival date :"It's on the way", "Call Monday"..

Did you check with Abacus the Disty of this board ?

Eazy said:
Did you check with Abacus the Disty of this board ?

Yep. They gave me the number of this guy called Bakul. Here's his number:

Code:

He told me that he will give me the arrival status by Monday. You want to try calling him?

zhopudey said:
Against: 1.5V AGP 4x - Will this be a problem?

As far as I know 1.5v is the default voltage on recent AGP cards - even my old TNT2 as well as Geforce Ti 4200 run on this voltage. There is not much benefit between AGP 4x and 8x - I know as I paid a premium of 2k to change my Ti 4200 from a 4x version to a 8x version and all readings were about the same. :(

MSI's avatar of the Nforce 3 ultra/250GB is the best...

MaxX said:
Hi,

Recently with all boards featuring PCI-E, I was wondering if there any decent boards with AGP support?

I know of a few good boards with AGP support namely-

asus a8v
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

Any newer ones?

Cheers

Back