PC Peripherals Whats the best amd64 board with an AGP slot?

vandal said:
MSI's avatar of the Nforce 3 ultra/250GB is the best...

I strongly disagree... It would be the best in terms overclockability but stablity wise its no good... i can show you virtually 100's of people who are not happy with that mobo...

The best AGP mobo i would say is A8V if you are just looking for stablity...

As of now if you can get your hands on the ULi chipset based ASROCK mobo then get that... Its a darn good mobo... Does evrything ... Has both PCIe and AGP and its cheap... Is future proof... AT has a good review on the mobo and its compared with the likes of ASUS SLI and its on par with that mobo if not better...

Actually it had lots of issues with memory... MSI did try hard to get it rectifies by BIOS revisions but it was never 100% AFAIR...

And I quote again.......I have sold 20 boards like these in Jabalpur (home)....AKA MSI's Nforce 3 ultra.....and not one has given any problems......
whether memory related or otherswise and 3-4 of them are using 6 series cards...

Switch said:
Guys it has problems with *some* of the memory and not everything... PDP is supposed to be really good...

Switch said:
I strongly disagree... It would be the best in terms overclockability but stablity wise its no good... i can show you virtually 100's of people who are not happy with that mobo...

The best AGP mobo i would say is A8V if you are just looking for stablity...

As of now if you can get your hands on the ULi chipset based ASROCK mobo then get that... Its a darn good mobo... Does evrything ... Has both PCIe and AGP and its cheap... Is future proof... AT has a good review on the mobo and its compared with the likes of ASUS SLI and its on par with that mobo if not better...

but I heard that onboard LAN does not work properly in Asus A8V motherboard right?

Back