Security Software What's the difference between KIS 3 user and 1 user ?

roxysmile

Tough Luck :P
Disciple
i am looking forward to buy a internet security software .

i saw KIS 3 user and 1 user package.

can the 3 user package be used for 3 years by 1 user ? as i don;t have any friend willing to share the price for the lisence .

also is there any other AV better then KIS out there? please recommend .

No its for three computers with validity of one year only... Point of note is as soon as the first license is activated the validity starts so even if you install the second license two months later the validity would have decreased to 10 months...

you can use free anti-virus such as avast home edition and avg free edition+comodo firewall which is enough to make a computer safe but if u are still in need of an anti-virus then^^

I have seen Kaspersky edition in shops. One with small packet and Rs. 450 for 3 user licence. Another with around RS. 800- 900 and a bigger pack in size? How come these are different? Are there two types of KAV in circulation @Bangalore?

regds,

Anand

HailStonE said:
No its for three computers with validity of one year only... Point of note is as soon as the first license is activated the validity starts so even if you install the second license two months later the validity would have decreased to 10 months...

Means if you want same validity period in both the pc's you need to install at same time and if some how my windows get corrupted, then after re-installing windows what will be the validity period

in the 3 user pack, if u format your current pc and install the key again after format, it counts that as your 2nd pc, basically u get 3 activations in the 3 user pack, and only 1 time activation in the single user...

tejo said:
in the 3 user pack, if u format your current pc and install the key again after format, it counts that as your 2nd pc, basically u get 3 activations in the 3 user pack, and only 1 time activation in the single user...

Means if my pc get corrupted 4 time within 6 months then my 3 user pack is over:S

Aman31 said:
Means if my pc get corrupted 4 time within 6 months then my 3 user pack is over:S

yup, lost my key the same way, kaspersky had nothing to say about it, using microsoft security essentials now

tejo said:
yup, lost my key the same way, kaspersky had nothing to say about it, using microsoft security essentials now

Ok so except Kaspersky is there any other internet security for unlimited installing:) or can there keys be renew in any other like ESET Smart Security,Norton, and is this microsoft security essentials which you are using is better than Kaspersky and all

Back