Android WhatsApp Cannot install on Tablet

U need to install on a phone rooted having root rights...then backup using titanium backup pro..
Root your tablet and install the backup...
You are off and running :)

Did not work for me. I had to use the Allwinner app to show it as a Galaxy S i9000 - then installed app and did the needful - then switched it back to normal tablet mode.

I can't think of rooting (too messy) & would'nt want to take the risk.

Does this solution work
Installing WhatsApp on a tablet without Root or 3G
If you have a tablet that only works with WiFi, you aren’t usually able to install WhatsApp. However, this is something that can easily be resolved. This is a word of caution: playing around with things that aren't normally allowed is at your own risk. All you need for this is another telephone in your reach and a telephone number.
Install Go Contacts EX and this application will present a telephone repertoire on your tablet. Install WhatsApp Messenger and as soon as it asks you to verify, enter your mobile number and wait until you receive an SMS. The next step is to take the call on the phone and enter the code that you hear on your tablet. That's it!
http://www.androidpit.com/help-i-have-a-problem-with-whatsapp-here-are-the-solutions

I need to install for my wife [with her ph number] ..... she is not at home, so will have to wait till I get her phone (with verification messages).

It did not work for me - it kept asking me to do the verification over and over. Finally, used the Allwinner mod and got it working. Tablet was a Penta 709C[DOUBLEPOST=1373120101][/DOUBLEPOST]Since we spoke - Do have a look at LINE Messenger - It seems to be there for Windows. WeChat has to be synced - not very useful. Apart from these two - Hangouts/GTalk, Facebook Messenger and Skype are good alternatives, would recommend using Hangouts/GTalk.

As for the home setup - get the router and tablet - keep it always connected. You can try it out - Gimme a call anytime :)

It did not work for me - it kept asking me to do the verification over and over. Finally, used the Allwinner mod and got it working. Tablet was a Penta 709C[DOUBLEPOST=1373120101][/DOUBLEPOST]Since we spoke - Do have a look at LINE Messenger - It seems to be there for Windows. WeChat has to be synced - not very useful. Apart from these two - Hangouts/GTalk, Facebook Messenger and Skype are good alternatives, would recommend using Hangouts/GTalk.

As for the home setup - get the router and tablet - keep it always connected. You can try it out - Gimme a call anytime :)

Thanks will check up the alternatives too (especially after our long conversation over the phone).

FYI (rest of TE folks) - I need an 'android' based chat app to be installed on the iBall Tablet & configured for my wife to use. I may probably be away for a couple of month's (in malaysia ....if all eez well :angelic: ) and I want to stay in touch with my family :happy:

Actually if you're going to be away it would be an idea to have backup alternatives if for any reason there is a problem. no whatsapp then hangouts or skype and you both need to know how to operate them.

Some training sessions err i mean quality time required with the family :D[DOUBLEPOST=1373137036][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can't think of rooting (too messy) & would'nt want to take the risk.

Does this solution work

http://www.androidpit.com/help-i-have-a-problem-with-whatsapp-here-are-the-solutions

I need to install for my wife [with her ph number] ..... she is not at home, so will have to wait till I get her phone (with verification messages).

Did it not work for you ?

Amazingly restrictive assumptions for an app to have, no 3G then sorry :|

I've installed Tango and Viber on my smartphones, laptops and desktop. When I am at home, I always use Tango over wifi to call up my relatives abroad. It takes just 2 mins to setup and start using Tango... try it.

Back