Android Whatsapp Change SIM card

Ray

Disciple
I have changed the SIM card of my mobile but whatsapp is still working.I know that there is an option to change phone number in whatsapp(settins>account>change phone number).I have some questions.:

1.if I have not changed the phone number from whatsapp option.Say my friend has my previous number 9999999 under my name XXXX saved.He sends a message to XXXX. Will I get the message on the phone with new SIM 888888 ?

2.If I change the phone number from the whatsapp option but I dont tell my friend the new number 8888888.He stilll has the number 9999999 saved under my name XXXX.He sends a message to XXXX.Will I receive the message?

3.If I dont change the phone number from the whatsapp option.
Uninstall Whatsapp and reinstall it.
Verify my new number.
Will I be able to load the backup chats and group chats?
(as can be done when I reinstall Whatsapp but with same SIM card)

Last edited:
I have changed the SIM card of my mobile but whatsapp is still working.I know that there is an option to change phone number in whatsapp(settins>account>change phone number).I have some questions.:

1.Say my friend has my previous nummber 9999999 under my name XXXX saved.He sends me a message to XXXX. Will I get the message on the phone with new SIM 888888 if I have not changed the phone number from whatsapp option?

2.If I change the phone number from the whatsapp option but I dont tell my friend the new number 8888888.He stilll has the number 9999999 saved under my name XXXX.He sennds a message to XXXX.Will I receive the message?
1. Yes, you will still get your friend's message on your new number even though your friend has your old number because you have not changed it in Whatsapp registration, infact you will get the message even without the SIM (only net connectivity required via WiFi). Whatsapp checks the SIM number only while registration.

2. No, you will not get the message

1. Yes, you will still get your friend's message on your new number even though your friend has your old number because you have not changed it in Whatsapp registration
2. No, you will not get the message
changed the question a bit.

1.if I have not changed the phone number from whatsapp option.Say my friend has my previous number 9999999 under my name XXXX saved.He sends a message to XXXX. Will I get the message on the phone with new SIM 888888 ?

2.If I change the phone number from the whatsapp option but I dont tell my friend the new number 8888888.He stilll has the number 9999999 saved under my name XXXX.He sends a message to XXXX.Will I receive the message?

3.If I dont change the phone number from the whatsapp option.
Uninstall Whatsapp and reinstall it.
Verify my new number.
Will I be able to load the backup chats and group chats?
(as can be done when I reinstall Whatsapp but with same SIM card)
For 3,
I assume you are using an Android. From what I've read, whatsapp backups the conversations to your SD. The phone number you are using while restoring is irrelevant.

To my best knowledge WhatsApp checks macid of phone after initial sim number registration. So later if sim present or absent it does not matter till you re register .

Back