WP Whatsapp suddenly slow on Lumia

nRiTeCh

Skilled
On my sisters lumia 730 since today morning suddenly Whatsapp is behaving pretty slow.
Esp. on some chat/conversations. Entering/viewing into that chat and exiting that chat is taking lot of time.[emoji17]

This is happening only to certain chats in Whatsapp.[emoji19]

Have already tried "Clear all conversation" options but no change for those particular chat.

For other chats in the list it is working normal.

What could be wrong and what can be done?

Phone and mmc is 50% free. And no slowness on phone operation or while using others apps.

Like android, here in the WP there isnt any option like Clear data or Clear cache.[emoji29]

Last edited:
Yes some Messages were in hindi marathi etc but now that the chat is cleared and is blank, still entering and exiting that particular chat takes 5secs.

In fact in other chats there too hindi marathi chats exists but those chats operate fast aka normal.

As you said you tried clearing messages, so I am assuming you do not have important chats. You can try reinstalling.

Also there was a new update on 03/04. do you have it installed. My Lumia 920 is running the update without any issues and so is my wife's 630.

Are you on airtel network?
Or somwhow using airtel broadband?
If yes then its quite possible that airtel might be throtling whatsapp traffic. As I too faced similar problem with airtel.

I would suggest to backup all chats, uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.

I somewhat remember this sort of thing happening to me as well. I think there was some specific message or image shared by a contact that was creating the issue.

Once I removed the message, WhatsApp was normal again. But it didn't occur to me again so can't conclude what was the exact issue.

I would suggest to backup all chats, uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.

I somewhat remember this sort of thing happening to me as well. I think there was some specific message or image shared by a contact that was creating the issue.

Once I removed the message, WhatsApp was normal again. But it didn't occur to me again so can't conclude what was the exact issue.

K will try that. But can we backup whatsapp chat data on lumia?

Back