Graphic Cards When are you going to purchase a DX10 Card?

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Guyz, Just wanted to keep a poll to see what people are thinking about the DX10 upgrade. :)

For me, I am purchasing a 1900XT now. Should hold me for a while. When I feel that its not enough for me, I will upgrade to a DX10 card.

hmmm...when get a complete new rig. after my HSC(12th)....arnd 2007 -end or 2008..

i will get it along with ...a quad-core procy..lots of RAM.(arnd 4 gb). and a dx 10 card..actly a fully loaded PC....

its just 50 % reality...and 50 % dream.for me.so lets see..

faheem_m said:
hmmm...when get a complete new rig. after my HSC(12th)....arnd 2007 -end or 2008..
i will get it along with ...a quad-core procy..lots of RAM.(arnd 4 gb). and a dx 10 card..actly a fully loaded PC....
its just 50 % reality...and 50 % dream.for me.so lets see..

made a poll out of it, you can vote...:)

i think my 1900XT will be enough for a while:p, will be jumping to DX10 cards along with 20" or 24" wide screen , a quad core, etc. during october '07. ;):D Till then i'll try to be content with my 17" CRT and ruby:p

i am no upgrading as long as i am able to play games on my card @ 1280x1024 with 4x AA and 8x AF :d ......... i got my card for 33k and it doesn't worth more than 15k now :( ....... too much depreciation ....... but can't complain about it .... hehe

^^My situation is quite like you buddy, i too bought my 7800GTX for 32k around november last year.

But, i have to say, it has performed quite well till now, indeed a nice card. Performs well even at 1920x1200, just have to turn off some eye candies ...

lord_nemesis said:
Man, where do you work. :huh: Would actually love to join that company. ;)

I can tell you but then I'd have to kill you - j/k :D Upgrading to G80 or R600 primarily for Crysis, which is scheduled to release Q1 next year.

Google said:
^^My situation is quite like you buddy, i too bought my 7800GTX for 32k around november last year.

But, i have to say, it has performed quite well till now, indeed a nice card. Performs well even at 1920x1200, just have to turn off some eye candies ...

i have played HL2 EP1 and NFS @ 2560x1024 with max details and it didn't skipped a bit :D

If I Had That Much Money why will I wait ??? Therefore I Will wait a bit for the Technology to stabilize and Then if I Have enough Cash I will Buy it ! :)

I don't game much these days , so a 24+ above lcd or a lcd tv is at the top of the list for now, will have to spend lots to game at native res on those displays.....so can't think of getting one before mid 2007

That was the plan until I read this ,

Speaking at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Bernd Diemer, senior game designer of Crytek, explained that next-generation consoles don’t offer enough computational power to run Crysis, German publication Heise reported.

Although Crysis will support both current and the next version of DirectX, Crytek claims that only DirectX 10 allows the game to run as it was intended by the developers because the next-generation DirectX API, which will ship along with Windows Vista, allows more effects and more objects to be drawn on the screen with a smaller computational cost for the hardware.

Diemer explained that “next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 do not offer the sufficient power” to assure the quality of gameplay Crytek demand for Crysis.
Crytek reiterated at GC 06 that currently, Crysis in only in development for Windows. We haven’t lost hope that we’ll eventually see an Xbox 360 version of this first-person shooter.

Crytek: Next Gen Consoles Are Too Weak for Crysis - Xbox

I recently bought my X1900XTX...so I will wait for the second generation of DX10 cards so that by that time there will be enough DX10 games to play and ATI would have stabilized their driver support as well

Back