Monitors When i Connect Pc with Monitor HDMI cable Flicker But DVI works ! Just confused why ?

ninjarao

Adm1n Privilege
Disciple
I have a Graphic Card ATI HD Radeon 5830 Monitor Benq 24 HD now the thing is whenever i connect Pc with HDMI cable and in Resolution 1980x1080 it Display doesn't stretch completely it just shows lil under size and lil flicker happens as if lines are coming n going but when i turned that into 1600x900 then problem seems go away , i tried all the settings in the monitor , got the latest drivers for ATI but the same issue seems keep happening , but when i use DVI connection it works flawlessly in all resolution ( i been using this for a long period and thought to try HDMI ) so just curious why it happening ? .:mad:

Re: When i Connect Pc with Monitor HDMI cable Flicker But DVI works ! Just confused w

Seems to be a problem with the overscan feature of the monitor, also, your cable might have some issues. On my LCD with a VGA cable have the same problem, but with HDMI, no issues.

Re: When i Connect Pc with Monitor HDMI cable Flicker But DVI works ! Just confused w

Thank You guys for the replies , well in my case i missed one option in ATI Catalyst Control Center ( CCC ) an Option comes " My Digital Flat -Panels " - Scaling Options under that , Over Scan i did and it got fixed somehow , Hope it stays this way ,i was missing it before now the problem seems sorted out :clap: .

Back