when will Windows phone 7 launch in India

dhawald3

Disciple
Hi all

I am in urgent need of a windows based phone.
since win 7 for phone was launched recently I put my plan on hold, but how long do I need to wait?

when will it be officially launched in India?

dhawald3 said:
Hi all

I am in urgent need of a windows based phone.

since win 7 for phone was launched recently I put my plan on hold, but how long do I need to wait?

when will it be officially launched in India?

Sometime in January but Microsoft spokesperson won't tell the exact date

i want samsung omnia 7 like NOW.

some awesome wp7 videos back in feb, check out user "palmsolo" on youtube, really like the UI smoothness - should be close to, if not as good as, the iphone.

wp7 IS a very promising platform but drawbacks like lack of sd slots in most phones and lack of apps(which admittedly is the case since it is a new platform)...........but it is so refreshing and pretty it just makes up for the drawbacks imho.

I would suggest that you guys be sure of what you're going in for before buying it. Having actually used a Win 7 device... i find it nothing impressive. The UI is definitely cool but underneath it , its almost a feature phone.

armaan said:
wp7 IS a very promising platform but drawbacks like lack of sd slots in most phones
Thats because the WP7 OS is heavily dependant on storage media. If you pulled out the memory card from such a phone, the phone would be stop working till you reinserted the memory card.

If you wanted to use a new card with the device, you'd have to reset the phone....

dhruvrock2000 said:
I would suggest that you guys be sure of what you're going in for before buying it. Having actually used a Win 7 device... i find it nothing impressive. The UI is definitely cool but underneath it , its almost a feature phone.
Which device and when? The video I saw (Feb timeframe) had voice recognition ("TellMe") but it might have been scrapped for final release.

Sure, there may not be 400,000 apps, or even 10,000 apps... but for me as long as my 10 apps work, thats all I need. Web/Email/Chat/Calendar/Tasks/Media etc.

Do not underestimate MS, after sinking billions into the mobile business they are bound to get it right eventually - and WP7 looks very promising. A surprise to me, just like Windows7 turned out.

I've decided to get one device from each major touch-enabled platform: iOS (have the ipod 2g), maemo (got N900), Android (disappointed with 2.3, will wait for 3.0) and was waiting for MeeGo but it looks like WP7 first update will come way before :)

HD7 .. forget multitasking but the usual scenario was that even locking the screen resulted in the app having to load from scratch. Thats just a single scenario. In my usage time , even music playback didn't work properly while multitasking.

I was using a proto however so maybe stuff has improved... what i mean to say is that since it is quite a substantial investment, a person should try it out once before spending quite a lot of money. I am not judging the OS , but just warning prospective buyers to make a cautious decision about this still nascent OS.

I actually want to quote what the CEO of a pretty major mobile manufacturer told me ... " Microsoft made Kin , look what happened to it. With Win 7 , its best to wait and watch their game over the next 6-8 months and then make a decision"

dhruvrock2000 said:
... a person should try it out once before spending quite a lot of money. ...

Yup, certainly. Alternate thing I do (if you cant try-before-buy) is watch a lot of youtube video reviews from different sources to get an idea of the device :) So far no red flags for WP7 (at least the three models I've been watching - Omnia7, HD7 and Optimus7).

Yes Windows 7 has its set of issue, but then who hasn't.

I've used android 2.2 a lot and 2.3 a little. Touch response on android 2.2 is very bad compared to Windows phone 7 esp. Zooming in maps is simply put pathetic and hardly works. This on Nexus one which is a google phone. 2.3 is much better but doesn't match likes of iOS or Windows phone 7.

Also heads up regarding WP7. There maps do not contain details of all areas and if deatilsare their then it might be incorrect so better use google maps

But overall i would still prefer a WP7 over Android anyday but thats my personal opinion.

PS: IPhone 4 is still the best no competition and totally worth 29K

hey guys.... dint want to create a new thread for this query.. but wanted to know.. is it worth buying an HTC HD7 from ebay at 28K (as per the seller this is the one released in india - unbranded and factory unlocked) also ive been trying the zune software on desktop.. i m unable to see any marketplace section in it.. so i m afraid there wont be any in the phone as well right?? i have 2 options now.. either buy used HD2 at 16-17 K n save money for later.. or buy an HD7... (i have to buy a phone.. as my HTC Touch (Elf) finally died completly and is beyond repair)..i m confused.. anyone has any idea when they will release marketplace for WP7 ???... cant decide which to buy...

Back