When you Joined TechEnclave or DigitForum ....

True, all of these will be forgotten with time, so instead of b**ching ...DO SOMETHING...Yes, E was huge back in early 2000. It's amazing that that this forum is still alive and kicking.
I hope nobody's roji roti is dependent on forums like these ( these are possibly side projects) but TE is still great after all this years, people still threaten me over DM...Love you guys, hope to meet every one of you someday, you all are special people in my life ( don't know why I take TE so seriously!!)

Last edited:
2005 here too. Met members first time for a GO for X1900XT Sapphire organized by @Shripad I guess. I remember the crazy nvidia and ATI / green v/s red fights we used to have at the time LOL
15 - 16 years later, still here :)
I had joined other forums but never posted in any of them. TE always ended up being the place.
Forums are like radio, everyone predicted it to go away but it didnt and just evolved. Forums are going to be around, may evolve in the future.

View attachment 108661

865 people online... Good thing... Yes I know Techtree... I miss Erodov it was also a huge forum..but it just disappeared without any fuzz...

It means we all are almost at end off 30s
I had purchased my second GPU from eBay (probably was Baazee back then), think it was the Nvidia Geforce FX5200 and one of the editors from Techtree delivered it to my home (not sure if it was a review unit in hindsight). That is when I learnt of Techtree, but didn't use the site as much. Joined TE in 2008 but spent a lot of time before that on now-defunct forums, specifically ones dealing with modding phone firmware, before even XDA came to prominence. Was on Chip as well as Digit forums for a very short time when I used to subscribe to those magazines.

May be in 2007-2008 and about same time I forgot my login details, so created new account in 2018.
mostly it's techtree in mid 2000s , then erodov and finally here.

Been here for ages.. 17 Dec 2007 supposedly.. was on the elite or preferred (whatever it was called) members on E before this as well.. till it went to the dogs.. way back in the day..never looked back since then.

Though I had already signed up on TE as well.. used to mostly lurk.. but have been around ever since. Still is a great place to be

I joined it 2008 I think. We had an internal forum in my college, and Techenclave seemed like a logical alternative. My friend and room mate at that time suggested it to me. Since then, I have been a lurker here.

I was 12, immature and an ahole when I joined digit forum about 8 years ago, came here few years later.

Reddit has been the demise of a lot of forums, I see the trend reversing as the site gets more and more popular.

Came here because wanted to get a good 2.1 setup for my new PC that was assembled way back in 2009 or 2010 now don’t even remember. There was a thread going on at that time for Edifier and everyone was recommending C3. Eventually bought C2 but then came to know about the whole new world of Audio thanks to @esanthosh and many other audiophiles. I was mainly active here until 2014 and then came back after straight 6 years.

Meanwhile was active on Reddit but now that place has been bought and hijacked by propagandists and CCP like many other important news and social media tools these days.

Joined Digit in 2006. Found out about it through the magazine, of which I was avid reader for some 4-5 years around 2005-2010.
Joined TE in 2009, don't remember how I found out about it. I suppose there were at least 5 tech forums I joined around that time, of which only TE and Digit now survive.

Used to be very active in Digit forum at one time (during 2010-12, I think) and I have over 1700 posts there.
Here I was actually inactive for almost 10 years. Then I somehow stumbled upon this thread about sharing office 365 subscription in 2019 and came back. Thanks to Lastpass, I still had my uid pwd saved. Now I visit the forum regularly and am glad there's some activity, even if it's nowhere near what it used to be 10 years ago. Sometimes Reddit gets pretty tiring, and I don't even open Facebook.

Back