Where are the mobile retail outlets in Mumbai??

Ronnie22

Disciple
Hi,

Have been hunting like crazy for a half-decent mobile phone shop in Mumbai forthe past few days. Most that I have visited either look like they could palm off a grey market mobile to me and the rest don't seem to carry the model I am interested in (Nokia E62).:huh:

Can anyone point me out to a reliable outlet who honours warranty and will also service later when there is a problem with the phone? I need the Nokia E62 and a bluetooth handsfree.

Preferably outlets near Lower Parel, Dadar would be closest to me. Pls help.

JJ Mehta (jjmehta .com , India 's Premier Photography Website - Digital Camera , Digital SLR Camera , Video Camera , Apple iPod , mobiblu Online) in Dadar or you can try with Big Bazaar, R mall, any shopping mall in your City etc. Ask for Bill with VAT (12.5% added over Phones Value - not over MRP), none of the shop will give you After Sales service, you should carry out the Handset to Near Service Center.

If you want good deal and willing to save money Buy from Reputed Local Dealer with Bill and Warranty, if he don't have E62, pay him some Advance and I'm 100% sure he will manage same Max. within 24 hrs.

Techhead, Got the E61 for the wifi. WOuld help at home and office to access mails. difference of 3K was justified in the end.

Purchased from Alfa, Irla. That place is madness. However atleast things are displayed with prices and basic info.

Also tried out the SE M600i and Nokia 9500. The SE keypad was totally useless for my hands. I could see myself writing gibberish if I laid hands on that weirdish KB design. However it has got some good reviews online.

I couldn't fig out how to lug the Nokia 9500 all the time. That is shaped like a briefcase. And there is no way one can put it in his trouser pockets and look decent. Atleast with the E61, it is slim and can easily slide into the shirt pocket.

Also while typing on the E61, it felt the most natural and comfortable for my big fingers.

Also had my eyes on the DOPOD but couldn't take a chance for looks. Atleast the Nokia has a proven track record and quite a few ppl I know use the E62 and like it for its functionality.

Back