Laptops Where can I get a replacement battery?

DentFuse

Disciple
Hello everyone.

I'd purchased an Avita laptop in 2019. It was working fine till about last year, when I started facing issues with the battery. There were a couple of other issues as well but those are irrelevant.

Over time the battery backup started to drop, and around Nov last year it was refusing to even start and would only start over AC power. I disconnected the battery for the next couple of months and then reconnected it and it started working again.

The battery looked fine at this point in time and there were no other issues other than the fact that it only gave about 10-15min of uptime on battery.

However today I opened up the laptop in order to clean it and noticed that the battery is begun to swell. Hence I'm looking into possible replacements for the same. Any assistance in this regard would be very helpful.

Also, I've already tried contacting Avita. Their customer service never picked up the call. I even lodged a compliant on consumer forums but they didn't get a response either and suggested legal action. However, as mentioned above, the battery started working again and hence I dropped the plan.

I've attached some photos of the battery for your reference. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG20230504120510.jpg
    IMG20230504120510.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG20230504120411.jpg
    IMG20230504120411.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 50
Since your laptop is out of warranty, you can't do much other than finding a replacement battery by contacting the Avita since those laptops aren't very popular it's hard to find the original replacement parts. I don't recommend going for a generic replacement battery since they're pretty bad.

Also, that swollen battery is a hazard risk so please take a corrective step asap. It's not safe to charge/discharge a li-ion battery that's been swollen.

Back