where does chrome strore streamed stuff !

Till the time you get some proper reply, why not do a *.* search on your C: and sort by decreasing size and see what you can find.

I pick the cached stuff (installations/vids/pics etc) from this location on my PC:

U:\Users\<your user login>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache

Edit:
1) look under C drive.
2) BTW, this is for "chrome for all users". The path is different for "current user only" installation.

I pick the cached stuff (installations/vids/pics etc) from this location on my PC:

U:\Users\<your user login>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache

Edit:
1) look under C drive.
2) BTW, this is for "chrome for all users". The path is different for "current user only" installation.
saw this folder but no files there are even bigger than 24 mb , this file is atleast 140 mb !!

there could be 2 possibilities:

1) you are using incognito mode.
2) the stream is not getting cached in a single file.

I am able to see the cached file in that location on my system. Playing the video for couple of minutes created a 5mb file. If I watch further, I am not sure if the file is going to be split into many parts (and the "already watched" would be automatically purged) or into a single 140mb file.

there could be 2 possibilities:

1) you are using incognito mode.
2) the stream is not getting cached in a single file.

I am able to see the cached file in that location on my system. Playing the video for couple of minutes created a 5mb file. If I watch further, I am not sure if the file is going to be split into many parts (and the "already watched" would be automatically purged) or into a single 140mb file.
im nt in incognito .
i think its gettin splitted , i am able to seek to any part of video so its nt being purged . lemme open a few raandom files there to see if they are the flv video.

I used to do the same. The files used to be in pepper flash folder if I remember, but then they stopped it some 4-5months ago. Havent been able to find it. Also different types of streams used to be put in diff places.

Back