Where is our gratitude list thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what he gains from putting forth his opinion that TE has gone down the drains every time he gets a chance, irrespective of the thread. Be the change instead of whining.

On topic: maybe I'll make a different post, but recently a wallet (with 3K+) that I lost, found its way back to me after 10 days because of some honest and humble common people (a flower vendor). I literally had no hope I'll find it and considered it gone forever, till I got a call one random day.
Faith in humanity restored.
Because of one honest person? Lol. They are becoming the minority now, fraudsters are the majority. I made that mistake many times in my life, of trusting people. Never ever I am trusting a human being again ever in my life. You may also want to try your luck with lottery btw.

When you joined in 2012, how many of the older members threw their join date in your face?

Note to everyone - Please don't engage in personal attacks, it was always against the rules even before 2012.

Well, when I joined in 2012, I didnt start attacking people on their signatures and custom member tags instead.
Also if someone says "TE is better now than it was before", cant I point out that their barometer is a couple of months, while mine is a decade?

I liked TechEnclave better when it was about tech, and now its about drugs, psychotherapists, tattoos, COVID, Kejriwal, Modi, Mamata, Congress, Aadhaar, and not to mention weird sms language.

Because of one honest person? Lol. They are becoming the minority now, fraudsters are the majority. I made that mistake many times in my life, of trusting people. Never ever I am trusting a human being again ever in my life. You may also want to try your luck with lottery btw.
Technically five or six. The flower vendor and her company of two. The nearby shop owner whom she approached for guidance on how to proceed. Then a retired bank manager whom the shop owner contacted, who then approached the local HDFC bank (I have their card) to try and contact me. It's not the policy of banks to give away contact numbers of the account holders, so the bank manager gave me a call to confirm, before giving him the number. If HDFC wasn't cooperating he was ready to go to Axis next.
This was in a small T3 town in Tamil Nadu. Would this have happened in Bangalore where I usually stay? No. But did this incident restore some faith and positivity in me, my family, and the relatives who heard the story? Yes.
In fact, while she held on to the wallet a couple of random people (who probably saw the wallet fall) came to her and tried to claim it as theirs, but when asked for proof they obviously stammered and so she kept it safe.
I've seen enough dishonest and dirty folks too, but it's good to be reminded once in a while that there are some good samaritans even in these trying times.

Last edited:
I liked TechEnclave better when it was about tech, and now its about drugs, psychotherapists, tattoos, COVID, Kejriwal, Modi, Mamata, Congress, Aadhaar, and not to mention weird sms language.
It's still about tech. Please avoid general topic threads if life scares you. Many of us are friends here and the friendships go beyond tech and include getting a bed during covid crisis, some medical issues, long supressed emotional issues etc.
Some people here helped me enormously when we got into a real mess during India visit in 2019 ( even offered us to stay in their houses) when some personal photographs got stolen by BJP IT cell and posted in Twitter.
I'm truly grateful to those wonderful people who helped. Many people here offered their spare smartphones/ headphones when I gave away mine.
Despite our different political ideologies and different approach to life we are friends at the end of the day. It's perfectly fine if you don't like me personally ( many don't), my way of life. But please don't disrespect our friendship. It's none of your business.
And learn from @TheCoolerPlayer some decency.
Despite joining this year, I'm learning from his posts ( from the quality of his posts it feels like he's from the 2005 batch) thank you mate..you're really cool.

Last edited:
Also in case you're still looking for more posts to quote, here's one more which I think you missed. I took a dig at your username in a joking manner, but probably you'll find it offensive anyway:
Nah. Not offended by that, at the very least. You're TheCoolerPlayer amongst the two of us anyway. ;) (See, I can take username digs too)

Anyways, I'm very contended with the 7 back-to-back F1 titles won by AMG. :cool:

Last edited:
Nah. Not offended. You're TheCoolerPlayer amongst the two of us anyway. ;)

Anyways, I'm very contended with the 7 back-to-back F1 titles won by AMG. :cool:
Ahaha alright then. Btw do we have a F1 thread on TE? If not, maybe you could consider starting one, instead of constantly whining about how threads don't have the same quality anymore? Always been into racing games (usually arcade but F1 2019 is the only sim type game I've played), but could never really get into F1, even though I made an attempt to follow it haha. And damn, 7 back to back titles? Last I heard was that Mercedes tanked in rankings after they broke up with McLaren, but guess I have severely outdated info :p
Next thing I know is you will go and scratch someone's car, and say if "iF YoU DoNt LikE HaViNg sCrAtChEs oN YoUr cAr, DoNt pArK It oN A pUbLiC rOaD AnWaY"
Kinda is true in India, but also not a good analogy. I would say it's more akin to "if you don't want to be judged in public, then don't have provocative tattoos on your forehead".

Ahaha alright then. Btw do we have a F1 thread on TE? If not, maybe you could consider starting one, instead of constantly whining about how threads don't have the same quality anymore?

No. Dont think I will. TechEnclave is to me a tech forum, and I dont want to waste time, effort and bandwidth creating a million useless threads.
And for those who care, there's always r/formula1 and team-bhp. Just like there's quora/facebook/twitter for Mamata/Modi/Kejriwal/congress.

And lastly about the whining part, I'll continue to do so, until TechEnclave becomes more Tech, less Enclave. OR until it changes its name to TalkEnclave. Or I get banned. Whichever is earlier.

And you, arguably, are going to be the last person whom I would consider listening to, in how/what to post and when or where.

r/formula1
Well, one of the chief reasons I haven't been able to get into F1 is because r/formula1 felt quite rude and uninviting to me, and team-bhp, as good/bad they are, are quite snobby with their invitations. I've applied twice and haven't gotten in, and don't care about that forum anymore. But oh well, I suppose familiarity doesn't count.
Why have a marketplace as well then? There is OLX and Quikr and other marketplaces to sell off tech stuff.
(See, I can take username digs too)
Congrats, you're finally becoming self aware (sEe, I cAn AtTaCk YoU aS wElL)
And you, arguably, are going to be the last person whom I would consider listening to, in how/what to post and when or where.
Just to be clear, I bear no animosity toward you or anyone else in this forum. I have made stupid posts here, but enmity is one thing I don't want to breed here; this is a tech forum, not an enmity breeding one no ;)
Ironically, it is my posts that have made you post all this stuff here :p

and this is why threads get locked because its hard for people to stay on thread topic and go in another direction. This is a gratitude thread and it just took 2 pages to get off topic
Be civil and make your point. if you dont want to participate, move on. there are enough sections and threads for everyone to participate. You can ignore sections as well

nothing sub par about it. If the thread sticks to what it is about, mods will never have an issue.
Its when things move to something that is totally not why this or any other thread was started for, is when we will need to do something about it

Anybody ever felt grateful to an animal ( pet or not)?
We love dogs and have few of them ( all rescued from shelters)
On of them ( Junior..Juno) is a rottweiler, we brought him when he was about a year old, was extremely agressive at first bit my wife and me multiple times.
Now Juno is the leader and most obedient in the pack. He's the most sensitive one..when I was having insomnia, nightmares ( it was causing the insomnia..) he was the only one who stayed up with me..all night..though guard dog by nature the other 2 rotties sleep at night ( in fact Juno also does when I can at night)
I grew up with dogs from day 1 even back in Kolkata.
But Juno is special...when I go for a run with 6 of them very early in the morning, don't even need a leash now. He takes care of everyone.
We live near the edge of the city and there are literally jungles by the sides of the running trail with lots of foxes, may be wolves too, even some bears come down from nearby hills during summer. Other joggers told me to avoid the most beautiful trail so early, but I am not really scared with 6 giant dogs by my side.
Grateful to the wonderful pack, specially to their leader..will upload a video of how gentle these dogs are around the kid, and how they play!! Our son literally put his tiny head inside juno's mouth!!

Btw do we have a F1 thread on TE?
Yes.. however a new thread is opened for every season.

and this is why threads get locked because its hard for people to stay on thread topic and go in another direction. This is a gratitude thread and it just took 2 pages to get off topic
Man, I swear I thought you had locked this thread when I saw your post on Tapatalk earlier.

On of them ( Junior..Juno) is a rottweiler, we brought him when he was about a year old, was extremely agressive at first bit my wife and me multiple times.
Jeez man, i would have given up on a one year old rottie who was biting. Didn't think it would be possible to de-condition at that age.

My joining date is Jul 16, 2007, time flies so fast !!!

Whatever the topics, enjoy those. System and order for anything that matters indeed does go a long way, but wouldn't it be better if we are not too harsh on a small forum like TE.

I for one have no interest or benefit in politics whatsoever, so just have fun and popcorn with it. Democracy now a days is showing it's negative sides all over the world recently. It is useless for people to get wired up on that on individual levels. Especially considering opposing politicians themselves share a table and have fun without people's knowledge sometimes.

Jeez man, i would have given up on a one year old rottie who was biting. Didn't think it would be possible to de-condition at that age.
Didn't take much effort..with rotties it's just about establishing leadership. I have been beaten by dogs so many times ( but none was serious enough) before.
Yes, Juno was difficult, but we had a wonderful German Shepherd ( Aster) at that time. Our son was an infant when Juno joined the family.
Aster was super protective of the kid. But first couple of weeks were stressful. Thankfully my partner also loves dogs, it also helped. After Aster passed away ( we got him from a very old man in the neighborhood, he had a massive stroke and was in a vegetative state for years, Aster was a highly trained guard dog, exceptionally trained) Juno became the pack leader.
There are actually 2 leaders, a very intelligent lab ( Casper) and a very powerful rottie (Junior). All of them are very well behaved dogs and stayed with my in-laws for close to 6 months without any problem. Beside food, all they need is a yard to run around for an hour.

I'm grateful for the wonderful opportunites of interaction sites like te provide. I haven't gone ahead with a single trade on this site, but each interaction helps a bit. Didn't know the pc building scene in India was this developed, got on te earlier this year from reddit.
I am also grateful to @quaratineinthesejeans for wonderful advice on iems.

I'm grateful for na/aa. Did you have track marks covered up with the tattoos @quaratineinthesejeans
Completely covered up... perfectly, even the darkened lines are incorporated in the tattoos.
Yeah, me too!! Owe this life to NA/AA.
It's amazing how many lives these 2 have saved!!
But I'm little sad by the present state of affairs particularly in NA. How judgemental some older members ( typical 12 steppers like us) have become towards the members following newer paths to recovery.
I need some help from you..will it be possible to post a link to any NA/ AA online Indian meeting, where the language is not only Hindi (through DM)
I attended some based in North India, and they mostly speak Punjabi or Hindi, little difficult to follow for me.
In fact two such invited me and loved the experience, but they possibly didn't understand my sharing in broken Hindi.
The members there suggested me some south India based meetings, but links were not working.
I am also grateful to @quaratineinthesejeans for wonderful advice on iems.
I'm glad that you're enjoying this forum, regarding audio equipments be careful about reddit and crinacle's list.
I've a very strong suspicion that many people are suggesting gears that they have never used ( and writing reviews on them!!)
esantosh and Faheem are not regular here anymore and they were awesome. Think if you send messages to Faheem, he will reply. I'm really grateful to these 2 members of TE who are totally down to earth and only suggest you things that they have used extensively.
I'm possibly not the ideal person for IEM ( lost interest in them) Much more interested in headphones, non portable DAC, amps.

Last edited:
I am in Canada so don't know of any groups in India that are English speaking but will definitely DM if I come across any. No Kolkata based groups? I am fairly new to recovery but find the NA book a much better read than the og AA one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back