PC Peripherals Where to buy APC UPS Battery in Hyderabad?

Rbc 17 is same as exide power safe/ chloride power brand 7AH battery. Go to any scooter battery store and you will find that.

Apc will charge him 1200 for the battery whereas he can get it for around 700 from a store if he gives his old battery to them.

I have a Apc RS 550 ups, god knows how long ago i got it, the battery has failed now and gives like 10 sec backup for my NAS.

It's replacement is APC RBC 125.

Any exide equivalents for this??

Thanks.

I went to a local battery store yesterday and purchased an Exide 7AH battery. After giving them my old battery, the final total I paid was 850 Rs. The battery works fine. Thought I would follow up so that this may help others.

oh yeah.... rbc 125 turned out to be a slim battery with a 5 cm width.. all the alternatives were 6.5 cm wide and no space to put a bigger battery in that compact ups.

replacement apc cost 1500rs , so i got a new model apc ups for 2000rs instead!!

Oh. Couldn't open the apc page for some reason to check the specs. Sorry for giving wrong info.
Btw, which ups model did you buy? 700?

oh yeah.... rbc 125 turned out to be a slim battery with a 5 cm width.. all the alternatives were 6.5 cm wide and no space to put a bigger battery in that compact ups.

replacement apc cost 1500rs , so i got a new model apc ups for 2000rs instead!!
Had the same problem today but i modified the UPS casing to fit in the bigger Exide battery .

The plastic slot which holds the battery had to be removed ( had to break / cut it with pliers ) then the remaining space was exact fit for the exide battery . I got it done by a electrician for Rs 50 .

cant , it is tough to assemble it back . wont open it again till another battery replacement[DOUBLEPOST=1436856145][/DOUBLEPOST]this is my ups
BR600CI-IN

Back