Where to buy cameras/photography equipment online?

ninjenstein

Disciple
Looking for alternatives to Amazon and Flipkart.

I only know of one so far - jjmehta.com

I came across this one but don't know if they're legit -

Also, has anyone bought from Tata Cliq? How's the return experience?

Additional info: I'm looking to buy a Panasonic G85.

Amazon India, as long as seller has good rating.

FotoCircle: You might find better price offline. This was the go-to shop for many in Bangalore.

IMASTUDENT: Limited to buying accessories, found prices lower than most online sites

Fo2.in: used for buying accessories couple of years ago when they launched.

Looking for alternatives to Amazon and Flipkart.

I only know of one so far - jjmehta.com

I came across this one but don't know if they're legit -

Also, has anyone bought from Tata Cliq? How's the return experience?

Additional info: I'm looking to buy a Panasonic G85.
JJM is imo the best for used ones. Been there for over 4 years, you get most of what you're looking for often.

Also, do check olx if you need something specific. These days you might get a good deal!

Aliexpress used to be my go to for lenses, especially since Fuji X lenses are hard to come by in India. Was charged 400 customs for a prime lens worth 14k ordered in 2019. Since some sellers have started shipping to India again (either routed through other countries or from eBay.com),you could also look there.

They are indeed legit. All sites I posted are based on my buying experience from these sites (limited to accessories not exceeding 10k)
Okay, thanks!
Aliexpress used to be my go to for lenses, especially since Fuji X lenses are hard to come by in India. Was charged 400 customs for a prime lens worth 14k ordered in 2019. Since some sellers have started shipping to India again (either routed through other countries or from eBay.com),you could also look there.
Well customs is a hit or miss, no? I believe you got lucky here - with only 400 over 14k - I've heard so many horror stories (100% customs!) so I haven't ever bought anything from ebay or Ali :sweatsmile:

Well customs is a hit or miss, no? I believe you got lucky here - with only 400 over 14k - I've heard so many horror stories (100% customs!) so I haven't ever bought anything from ebay or Ali :sweatsmile:
Yep, customs are definitely a hit or a miss - and I was technically charged a 28% customs since the seller had marked the item at $20 even though I had not given any instructions to do so. I was mentally ready to pay upto 10k additional in customs, so there's that as well. Depends on the value of stuff you are importing, and definitely riskier now. Although you could try out Rahul's shipping service if you find good prices in US ebay, quite a few people have bought stuff that way (not sure if any have specifically bought camera gear, but people have imported drones and action cameras).

Yep, customs are definitely a hit or a miss - and I was technically charged a 28% customs since the seller had marked the item at $20 even though I had not given any instructions to do so. I was mentally ready to pay upto 10k additional in customs, so there's that as well. Depends on the value of stuff you are importing, and definitely riskier now. Although you could try out Rahul's shipping service if you find good prices in US ebay, quite a few people have bought stuff that way (not sure if any have specifically bought camera gear, but people have imported drones and action cameras).
Curious, what Fuji you got? Fuji lenses look so expensive like damn. I was also looking at the XT-3 or XT-30 but boy are they expensive. No matter what I do everything points to the G85. It seems to be the best option for video + stills for a noob like me. I can't find anything better at that price point, and the next significant step up is 3x away in terms of $$$. Also cameras are out of stock everywhere, due to the pandemic I guess.

Curious, what Fuji you got? Fuji lenses look so expensive like damn. I was also looking at the XT-3 or XT-30 but boy are they expensive. No matter what I do everything points to the G85. It seems to be the best option for video + stills for a noob like me. I can't find anything better at that price point, and the next significant step up is 3x away in terms of $$$. Also cameras are out of stock everywhere, due to the pandemic I guess.
I have a Fuji X-T20 kit bundled with the XF 18-55 purchased sometime in q1 of 2019. And yea the lenses are pretty damn expensive. But the good thing is that there's a decent choice of relatively inexpensive adapters + 3rd party lenses. Moreover, the kit lens (especially the XF series) are really high quality and way above the average Canon or Nikon or Sony kit lens.
Not sure about what the verdict on Fuji in 2021 is, but back in 2019 the Panasonic Lumix series were the preferred choice for video despite having a MFT sensor compared to most others having APSC in the price range. I researched for a good 2.5-3 months before finalising on the Fujifilm X T-20, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice! My primary aim is stills (and I wanted a mirrorless only due to compact form factor), and since I am no pro, I think this camera will keep me satisfied for a long time to come.

Not sure how if all that is helpful, but in general Sonys and Panasonic are considered better for video (in the sub 1k usd price range) than the competition. Read up on forums for people's medium-long term reviews and see if you can live with the flaws - reviews will often not show them. Good luck with your search!
:)

Videolinks.com

You can call tge owner Anis George to get the best price possible. They sell cheaper than Amazon mostly.

I have a Fuji X-T20 kit bundled with the XF 18-55 purchased sometime in q1 of 2019. And yea the lenses are pretty damn expensive. But the good thing is that there's a decent choice of relatively inexpensive adapters + 3rd party lenses. Moreover, the kit lens (especially the XF series) are really high quality and way above the average Canon or Nikon or Sony kit lens.
Not sure about what the verdict on Fuji in 2021 is, but back in 2019 the Panasonic Lumix series were the preferred choice for video despite having a MFT sensor compared to most others having APSC in the price range. I researched for a good 2.5-3 months before finalising on the Fujifilm X T-20, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice! My primary aim is stills (and I wanted a mirrorless only due to compact form factor), and since I am no pro, I think this camera will keep me satisfied for a long time to come.

Not sure how if all that is helpful, but in general Sonys and Panasonic are considered better for video (in the sub 1k usd price range) than the competition. Read up on forums for people's medium-long term reviews and see if you can live with the flaws - reviews will often not show them. Good luck with your search!
:)
Yep, I've heard a lot of praises for the XF lenses. The XT-20 looks like an awesome camera. Good to know your experience, thanks!

Back