Where to buy frm Lamington road (mumbai)

impulse1992

Reds under the bed
Disciple
>guys can u tell me from where should i buy my new pc on lamington road?

>which shops are good and which shops to avoid?

>what things to keep in mind while purchasing?

>How to find out if the product is original & warranty can be available in india

Pls also tell how to get discount:p

This is the first time i'll be buying my pc(parts) pls help me

& how to haggle(should i haggle for all the parts or on the final amount)

My config:

Proccy: Athlon II x4 630/635

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX/ MSI 790GX-G65 ATX

Ram: 2gb 1333MHz DDRIII (Crossair/G skill/Kingston)

HDD: WD Blue 500Gb

Cabby: NZXT Gamma

PSU: Crossair VX450w

^^ Avoid Cassette world like plague, that guy has numerous cheat history here on TE itself. That guy is known for selling Fake RAM's etc. For peace of mind buy from Prime ABGB

You don't need to go all the way to Laminton Road to buy computer parts, there is equally cheaper store in Andheri West near Navrang Theater called A & A computers, They have the best prices.

If you stay in the suburbs then this is the best store to buy from.

Aces170 said:
^^ Avoid Cassette world like plague, that guy has numerous cheat history here on TE itself. That guy is known for selling Fake RAM's etc. For peace of mind buy from Prime ABGB

+1

As far as the prices are concerned, make a list of your req. and ask for quotes from 2-3 shops, you'll get an idea of the current cost then goto Prime.

del_x said:
You can check the prices by going to their web sites as well, both of them are reasonable and you certainly will have peace of mind.

Prices on the websites arent always updated....

thanks guys know where to buy now

but you forgot the these points pls help regarding this also

>what things to keep in mind while purchasing?

>How to find out if the product is original & warranty can be available in india

Pls also tell how to get discount:p

This is the first time i'll be buying my pc(parts) pls help me

& how to haggle(should i haggle for all the parts or on the final amount)

1 )check for serial nos and the import sticker.
should have an indian distributors address.
2 ) get a vat paid bill and not the challan bill, since you cannot claim warranty on that bill.
check for serial nos on box and the bill before paying the amount.
3)double checking for products like monitors for dead pixels would be beneficial to avoid warranty hassels.
4) check for DOA(dead on arrival) conditions for the shop keeper and if possible get them checked in front of you at the store itself.
5) discounts:- ask when you get a general idea of the prices of the items you are asking for.
Ask TE for general pricing. ask numerous shops in lamington road for their quotes select the best price and then you could negotiate on prices by giving reference for other shops and their quotes.

read somewhere tat if u tell tat ur te member they quote fair prices otherwise their quotes are ridiculous

is it true???

Rk infosys... Perfect electronics... Maccann infosys... These are the some shop shops on Lammy that always quoted me least rates.... I personally like the dealing of RK infosys... Perfect electronics will assemble and test your PC for free...

impulse1992 said:
read somewhere tat if u tell tat ur te member they quote fair prices otherwise their quotes are ridiculous

is it true???

that would be the case for Prime ABGB only. others simply go by the mood and some negotiation skills.

I used to go around asking in 5 to 6 shops before settling down for one.

I learnt two valuable lessons.

Saving 100 ruppees isnt really worth the satisfaction you get from purchasing from a good shop.

Prime ABGB is reputed and well known.Dont be fooled by their small size, and obscure location.

PC guide is good too, if you can get the gujarati gentleman with the hitler mustache to get your query.Try to avoid this one guy who sits near the entrance.He will usually smile at you weirdly.Oh...and dont bargain because "Customers are kings,Kings dont bargain"

Back