Where to buy good dumbells?

grtx12

Recruit
I need some suggestions on where to buy good quality dumbells set in Navi Mumbai or Mumbai and cost for the same . My budget is around 1.5k :( .

hmm ashoka sports is old and trusted shop..though they dont have much variety..just some cheap or decent stuff.

you can also try planet sports in centre one mall..or any other sports shop.:).

sports shop in malls are usually expensive.:p.

i guess you are from navi mumbai.

Yep from Navi Mumbai. What kind of dumbells i can get in 1.5 k ? How much max weight should i go for . Thanks for all suggestions :)

A dumbell is a dumbell, there is nothing good or bad about it. The pricing of the dumbell is based upon its weight. The more weight you purchase, the more costly its gonna be. Cost per kilo will depend upon the type of dumbell/plates you are purchasing. Go for steel ones or rubber ones if your budget allows.

The steel ones cost 50rs per pound in delhi.

I remember seeing Dumbbells at the sports shops which are located around Metro Cinema which is near Xavier's college. I used to buy my sports stuff from a shop named Caxton Sports, look up their phone number and call them. Caxton used to give the best prices amongst the shops near Metro.

I went to a few shops in Vashi, proline fitness and one nearby in koparkhairane. They had huge rates like 400+ for rods and 110/kg later on . I got this from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.in/ADJUSTABLE-DUMBBELLS-CAN-BE-USED-AS-PAIR-OF-3-5-OR-7KG_W0QQitemZ170297008173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_203?hash=item170297008173&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A1|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

With 20% discount coupons, this was just for 1598 shipped. From the rates here, it would have been 1950 atleast :) . I can anyway add more weights bought from here as these are modular types with independent rodes. Let me know what you guys thinkof this one :) . Thanks everyone .

That's a nice deal there. There's another one from same seller for 22 kg weights with 2600+200 tag. 20% on that one would be a 500 discount. Not bad :)

Back