Graphic Cards Where to buy graphics card in the UK

Joel Toms

Disciple
My cousin is coming from UK next week.. he has agreed to get me a card from there...
But i checked out online prices for a Sapphire 4870 512 mb using pricegrabber it came out at 110 pounds..(around 9k rs)...
The prices here are pretty similar to it right?
Please tell me is it worth it to buy from UK.. Are there prices so high over there???
Please suggest me some good place for my cousin to get the card.. BTW he is in Manchester...
Will really appreciate your valuable thoughts

I'd advise you against getting the card from abroad! You could associate more than just a couple of reasons for it:

- Card being D.O.A. Spoils the whole damn joy of getting one and waiting till you plug it in the system to only find constant BSODs/stripes/shut downs!

- Warranty! Assuming the card worked fine for a while, one fine day it decides not to work and there goes! But in case there're a lot many friends residing in the UK who frequents India often, this may not be really an issue.

- Slightly jacked up prices? IINM UK and the Europe has computer components priced slightly higher compared to Indian prices. Dont know if it makes sense to buy from there if this's the case.

I've a suggestion for you. Amarbir (Lynx-India) is retailing the Sapphire 4870 512MB at 9842. (Do I sense a price hike here? I thought the price was a li'l lesser before?).

Here's the link: Sapphire HD 4870 512MB DDR5 - Lynx Chandigarh Largest Electronic & Computer Online Superstore In India

Back