PC Peripherals Where to buy in Lamington

dear all,

I want to buy the folowing parts.... please recommend the the current price and where in laminton road can i get the products....

1. CPU - AMD 3000+ vinice core

2. ASUS A8N-VM or ASUS A8N-VMCSM (what is the diff betwee the two except 6150 chipset, 4 sata drives, firewire port)

3. Which 512 MB RAM to go, that will give maximum performance.

4. A good SATA II drive which i can RAID 0 later by buying another one.... I was unable to find Seagate 160 GB 8 Mb cache 7200.9 drive in laminton neither 300 Gb seagate 16 mb cache 7200.9 drive. Hitachi 250 gb sataII drive is god but heard that there are cases of drive failures 7-10 out of 50 drives....
What should i do.....

Difference between 6150 and 6100 chipsets... 6100 clock freq 425Mhz 6150 475Mhz 6150 supports dvi-out, 6100 doesnt

vm csm-430 mcp, vm- 410 mcp (south bridge)

AFAIK Both the boards have a 4 sata and firewire ports

i need urgent info on sata II which to buy and from where in mumbai as i want to buy within day or two...... any sata II with more than 200 gb will do, provided it has good amount of cache..... where the hell in mumbai could i find... very few shops keep sata drives more than 200 gb and that too the low cache versions....

[mod] moved thread to purchase recommendations section [/mod]

and by 512mb ram , you're getting a pair right ?

neo r u sure those boards support sata 2????...i have no idea check that on asus site.......

if no then there is no point goin for sata 2......

personally ill favour hitachi as soo far its most stable on my pc...working fine for 6 months......both samsung and seagate developed bad sectors in 2 -4 months

How does samsung rate as a sata II hdd... hardly heard of it for sata II performances... but anyways... i have heard seagate drives to be good for laasting long.... What should i do... i was thinking of seagate 300gb sata II drive but dont know where in laminton road can i find it......

My basic requirements are that the system will be on for 12hrs a day. also it will hold large amount of data like movies and songs... and i dont want to lost my collection.. hence i am confused as to which should i buy...

you wont really hear of any drive because of its sata2 performance because frankly there is none currently. it performs the same as sata1.

Back