where to buy n78 ?

manu1991

Barely Alive
Skilled
Dec 31, 2007
New Delhi
Subhiksha is already closed , futurebazaar has lame phones , and mobilestore and hotspot do brisk business so the possibily of a discontinued phone being available is low , ill still enquire

ravi_9793

Adept
Nov 21, 2007
www.techtin.com
manu1991 said:
Subhiksha is already closed , futurebazaar has lame phones , and mobilestore and hotspot do brisk business so the possibily of a discontinued phone being available is low , ill still enquire

If mobilestore and hotspot don't have.. just ask them to arrange one for you. They can arrange in just few hours.

sohail99

Adept
May 9, 2008
dshah said:
Thanks Sohail for the quick response.
I think i will go ahead with this one and ensure that the dealer gives me the latest firmware update before i buy it. Anything else to be sure of before i buy it.
Also one thing, u mean in India it initially sells with the FM transmitter disabled and then when you update the firmware, it gets enabled ?
Kind of like that so easy and cool.!!

The one u will buy now will already come with the FM transmitter enabled!!:hap2:

I bought it back when it wasnt allowed! so i had to do a FW upgrade! dont worry though! ur's will already have it!:D

dshah

Recruit
Apr 10, 2009
sohail99 said:
The one u will buy now will already come with the FM transmitter enabled!!:hap2:

I bought it back when it wasnt allowed! so i had to do a FW upgrade! dont worry though! ur's will already have it!:D
Hi, Some shops in Parle / Andheri i checked have this model whose pack says manufacturing Jul-08. This is the first shipment i believe after this was launched and what i read in reviews elsewhere is that the phone had a creaky or loose back cover - battery cover and it was improved only in the later shipments. So, would have to search for 2009 piece i think which the shop dealer says is almost impossible anywhere in Mumbai. All would be having Jul 08 only.

sohail99

Adept
May 9, 2008
The mfg date on the box of my N78 is also June 2008!! but no problems till date! :)

Actually, in order to close the battery cover, u have to first fix the upper end properly and then close the rest of the cover! if done properly, there wont be any probs!:D

My N78 has fallen many times! but never opened up, unlike my old Nokia6670 which used to like open up till the MMC after a fall!! :S

If possible i would recommend N79!(way expensive though!)