Camera Where to buy - Sony Handycam

Bennie

Disciple
Hi fellow TE members:

Looking to buy a Sony HD Handycam model - ones with the projector built-in.
I am currently overseas and this will be bought as a gift. So would prefer a reliable website which can deliver to address, with credit card payment.

So which electronics site would you recommend, and any coupons available for same please ?

(I have already looked at flipkart and they only have HDR-PJ200E. I am also looking at HDR-PJ260. Will buy one of them.)

I normally would look overseas if it was for me ...
But since it is a gift, I dont want the receiving person to get stuffed around in case of warranty.

Do they come with international warranty ?
Or would Sony India honour warranty for international purchases ?

Thanks for your reply.

- - - Updated - - -

buy from abroad. its upto 10k cheaper even on amazon compared to indian retail prices.
Amazon.com: sony handycam with projector: Electronics

OK, I just looked at Amazon.

I cant find one which is 10k cheaper + ships to India as well....
Most I can get is $550. And I can get it in India for ~$600

Confused

sorry. i saw the used prices, not the prices of new ones. also i thought you will buy from outside and bring it with you back to India since you are overseas, instead of shipping it to the person from the online store directly.
warranty is of no use since these things usually hardly get spoilt in one year of use. after one year is up the service center will charge high service charges even for locally bought cameras.

your best bet would be to to buy in india and get it shipped from the store directly i guess.

sorry. i saw the used prices, not the prices of new ones.
yeah, thought so

also i thought you will buy from outside and bring it with you back to India since you are overseas, instead of shipping it to the person from the online store directly.
I am not coming over .. otherwise I would have done what you wrote.

warranty is of no use since these things usually hardly get spoilt in one year of use. after one year is up the service center will charge high service charges even for locally bought cameras.

your best bet would be to to buy in india and get it shipped from the store directly i guess.

I tend to agree with the warranty thing ... I have had 3-4 Sony cameras/handycams and they all worked fine

Hows homeshop18.com ? They have the particular model in stock

homeshop18 is good. item is well packed and comes on time. they ask for id while delivering though. i only bought some imported books from them till now. they don't deliver electronics to my pincode.

Back