Storage Solutions Where to find Good quality SATA Data cables

HoliC

Adept
Hi..

Plzz suggest me some good quality SATA data cables..

the current ones i have are those available for 15 rs from local stores..

SATA data cables do matter right ???

I need the cables for WD cavair green and one normal WD drive.. i guess both are SATA II

are all SATA wires the same viz. SATA I SATA II and eSATA ????? is there any difference in these data cables ??

Plzz first suggest me some cable brands.. and if possible provide links to buy them..

Thanks..

Edit - found these

http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...tegory_id=285&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Looks a bit costly for 4 cables.. are they worth it ?????

More suggestions needed...

Thnks..

you can try cassette world. He had asus and aslink cables. the asus ones were embossed with sata 6gbps. dude wanted 150 for each. finally got 4 for 320. depends on your negotiation skills. be ruthless. he WILL sell for less. cables were awesome quality. i got 2 right angle and 2 straight. elsewhere raj electronics had gigabyte, the pack that comes with the mobos. 2 sata and 2 ide in a pack. he wanted 300 for 4 sata. the asus/aslink seemed better quality.

sunny27 said:
^Cassette world should be avoided!!!
Generally i would agree, but if you get a good product there and you're able to avoid being ripped off by him then i don't see an issue here. The cables he had i couldn't find anywhere else.
de.das.dude said:
i think mobo supplied ones are enough. if not, get foxconn. i have one, its good.
yes, but what happens when you run out of mobo ones. i have some foxconn ones too, i thought they were pretty good till i saw these asus ones. they're the best sata cables i've seen. and sata cables faults cause a large number of hard drive related issues which seem to be drive faults. it's a rather crappy spec with esata being slightly better. from http://www.serialata.org/technology/esata.asp :

"The external connector and cable (esata) are designed for over five thousand insertions and removals while the internal connector is only specified to withstand fifty"

Whatever you buy try and get ones with a locking clip. They generally only come with higher quality cables.

This is like the cables i got, sorry couldn't find a better pic. The ASLINK cables are all black and the ASUS ones had the connecter ends half white.

AsusP6X58D6GbpsCable8005435.jpg

Can i buy any of these online ???

Pohenix is not replying.. he had 4 lianli connectors for 750 rs..

would they be worth it ??????

It clearly means cassette world is selling ASUS black cables and also of aslink.

wat more pathetic and cheaper anyone can get...:(

It means these guys assemble systems for noobs in their shops and then dont give them the boxes & bundled stuff(cables/cds/goodies etc) which then they sell off separately to needy people for such xyz prices...wtf??:mad::mad:

these guys should be reported to authority as it is illegal & unethical to do such things.

The sata cables,pink/red ones which are sold on the road are 95% from intel mobos and they work the same way as the branded do.

Would like to mention, 4 yrs back me and friend bought sata cable bunch of 40 for Rs.8/per. Guy was selling for 20 bucks/per & we bought all cables he had. So it was a steal-a-deal for us and till today i have only replaced 3 cables.:clap:

ronit said:
It clearly means cassette world is selling ASUS black cables and also of aslink.
wat more pathetic and cheaper anyone can get...:(

It means these guys assemble systems for noobs in their shops and then dont give them the boxes & bundled stuff(cables/cds/goodies etc) which then they sell off separately to needy people for such xyz prices...wtf??:mad::mad:

these guys should be reported to authority as it is illegal & unethical to do such things.

The sata cables,pink/red ones which are sold on the road are 95% from intel mobos and they work the same way as the branded do.

Would like to mention, 4 yrs back me and friend bought sata cable bunch of 40 for Rs.8/per. Guy was selling for 20 bucks/per & we bought all cables he had. So it was a steal-a-deal for us and till today i have only replaced 3 cables.:clap:
coudnt agree on you more on assemblers the selling original ones. poor noobs have to buy what was actually theirs

I just want a few good quality reliable cables..

Cause faulty cables can seriously damage the HDD.. and i cant risk data loss.. and not possible to back up 1 -2 tbs of data..

In HDtune it shows yellow warnings.. and in reason it says may be due to faulty cable..

yellow or red warnings has nothing to do with your cables.
Its your disk at fault.
if its a cable fault your disk wont get detected in bios or will have some detection problems & boot failures & even slow os booting and frequent lockups too while data transfering.

^^^ I know that..

But sometimes communication errors are caused because of faulty cables... which cause the yellow warnings..

My hdd has recorded over 4000 communication errors..

fortunately the Performance and health of the HDD are at 100%...

so just want to prevent possible future damages..

Btw what color are Asus Mobo cables ???

Found a dealer selling them.. just want to confirm the product..

I can buy it temporarily till pheomix gets stock,,

TIA.

asus cables come in black color.

msi in orange

intel red/pink

biostar orange/red

btw i m using asus black cable and still getting a yellow warning in hdtune. but i dont care as far as health n performance is 100%

I bought few cables from my local dealer. All of them came along with dell servers. Absolutely sturdy build and in pairs... will post some pics if needed..

Blue cables with black sleeving...

Back