Graphic Cards Where to get good deals on an ATI 5770 graphic card ?

hi brothers,

one of my friend is coming to india from US,

I asked him to bring me a graphic card for ~200$

1. Where can he get good deals for buying??

2. In newegg there is a combo deal GPU+PSU for XFX5770+antec 750W(~250$)

any way i have to buy an SMPS here is this combination good and first of all is it good to get them from US???

3. which one is better XFX vs Saphire vs HSI vs MSI???

4. If you have any alternative suggestions you are welcome!!!

My budget for both GPU+PSU is around 250$ even in india or US

thank you

There is one more combo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018

rocky_pratik said:
^^ No_Only if that product has International warranty than you will get it or else for warranty you need to send it to US

how to get that international warranty
is it ok if that companies service center is there in india
or do i need to pay anything more to get the warranty

Dude in case if anything goes with your gpu than it will cost more than 5000rs for you to claim your warranty

I would rather advice to purchase it locally :D

mamaji.pramod said:
Is it better to buy them in india??
But iam getting ~5000rs reduction in cost!!!!

Well, its a little gamble here.

Depends on a lot of factors like how fast you change your graphics card, risk taking behaviour, general tendency for hardware to fail around you etc :)

Anyway, to be more serious, in my opinion its usually the graphics card that conks out first in a system if not the mobo.
So, unless you are willing to sacrifice your peace of mind with a good 3 year warranty taking a graphics from India, then sure go ahead and buy the card from US as yes, it saves some cash in the process.

Me? I have a lot of GPUs bought from outside india and it has been a good experience for me so far (touchwood) but i have had friends who have had their GPUs conked out within 6 months of landing in india. So yes, it is indeed a gamble.

Hope this helps in making your decision. :)

Their is news(check hot deals section) that XFX 4870 512 mb is for ~ 8.6k and you can easily get a Good PSU in india for <5k.. very near to your budget with the same performance except DX11/eyeinfinity and low power consumption. Well Graphics card's failing rate is higher then most of the other components in your system(except CD/DVD drive and HDD I guess). but for me its HDD then GC :)

Back