CPU/Mobo Where to get motherboard fixed in bangalore?

unixguru

Disciple
I have been running Phenom II x2 555 BE (unlocked to 4 cores) on a MSI 890GXM-G5 motherboard for about 4 years now without a single issue. Day before yesterday, the system simply stopped working. When I turn it on the fans run but I do not get the POST beep. I have tried with a different PSU which I know works, but still no luck. I have 4 RAM sticks (2x2 + 2x4). I have tried with just one RAM stick inserted and still no luck. I also do not get the error beeps when I try to boot with no RAM sticks leading me to believe that the MOBO is the culprit. I tried to see if I can recover BIOS using the instructions http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/how-to-recover-the-bios but that did not work as well.

I would like to know whether I can get my motherboard repaired by the MSI service center at Bangalore (run by smartlink, I belive)? Is there any other place in Bangalore which is good for motherboard service?[DOUBLEPOST=1404192963][/DOUBLEPOST]I just called up smartlink digicare and they said they have stopped doing service for MSI motherboards two days ago! Anybody have any idea what I should do now?

Last edited:
Back