PC Peripherals Where to service my HP 800VA UPS?

bssunilreddy

Skilled
Hi,

I have a HP 800VA UPS which is bought in 30,June,2008 for 3000. It is out of warranty and in 2010 I got its battery replaced but since 2 months it is not giving any backup under heavy duty load like gaming but when I am using Office applications it is giving backup for 2 minutes only. I want to know whether it has to be replaced. Please specify links as to where I can exactly buy UPS under Rs.3000.

instead of buying a new ups have you considered replacing the old battery with a new one? small ups generally have smf battery which dont last more than 2 years even if kept fully charged.

smf battery = sealed maintenance free battery. These are completely sealed and do not need top ups of water every few months. hence their reduced lifespan.
I had seen a HP 600VA ups in HP showroom a few months back. It takes the normal 7AH 6volt battery which APC, Microtek and other companies use. Probably one of these companies manufacturers the ups and HP just puts their name on the cover. Since yours is a 800VA ups, it might be 2 batteries of 6v in series. You will have to open up the ups and take a photo & post it here so we can help you.
each battery is around 850 rupees. your battery might be different so do take a photo of it.

Back