Whether to buy Airpods Pro (2)

Slayer69

Disciple
So I have an XM4 (less than 6 months old) and Galaxy Buds Pro (over a year old) and I was in a conundrum as to whether or not i should get an Airpods Pro as I use a 13 Pro as my daily driver and have got 20k worth of TataCliq voucher

Got these vouchers as part for card joining benefits (don't know how to best use them, one of my friends told me to buy silver and sell it later which i'm leaning more towards)

Why Apple Watch? Not that interested in watches in general.
Use XM4 for travelling (as battery of XM4 >> Buds Pro or Airpods 2 Pro) and use Buds Pro for working out or casual listening

I own a buds pro 2, airpod pro 2 and the full sized xm4. A few general observations:
- Compatibility for an iphone is best with the airpods
- battery life on the airpods is better than the buds pro 2
- ANC much better on the airpods
- fit and comfort is better on the airpods than the buds, YMMV
- sound quality is subjective. I prefer the airpods but can see someone preferring the buds
- sony compatibility better than the buds with an iphone but nowhere as good as the airpods

Why Apple Watch? Not that interested in watches in general.
Use XM4 for travelling (as battery of XM4 >> Buds Pro or Airpods 2 Pro) and use Buds Pro for working out or casual listening
AirPods Pro 2 best feature is integration with multiple devices. I switch from Mac to phone to iPad to Apple TV with ease. Coming to spatial audio, not many songs or movies support and right now it is more of a show off than useful. ANC and transparency wise not much to differentiate. I would love to to have ANC level instead of just on or off.

short answer: stick to your current buds. There are rumours that next AirPods Pro will come with more features that include temperature sensor.

AirPods Pro 2 best feature is integration with multiple devices. I switch from Mac to phone to iPad to Apple TV with ease. Coming to spatial audio, not many songs or movies support and right now it is more of a show off than useful. ANC and transparency wise not much to differentiate. I would love to to have ANC level instead of just on or off.

short answer: stick to your current buds. There are rumours that next AirPods Pro will come with more features that include temperature sensor.
And most likely Type C (!?!?)
I guess I'd just buy silver :laughing:

Back