Which 1.5 Ton Inverter AC ?

fragpic

Adept
Hey I too am in requirement of an inverter AC for my room.
I would be requiring a 1.5ton model and I have looked at both Diakin and Sharp.
Looking at this thread i am leaning towards Sharp.
So guys especially @RishiGuru please help me out.Which one should I buy??
Kinda urgent as the summer heat is killing me

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I too am in requirement of an inverter AC for my room.
I would be requiring a 1.5ton model and I have looked at both Diakin and Sharp.
Looking at this thread i am leaning towards Sharp.
So guys especially @RishiGuru please help me out.Which one should I buy??
Kinda urgent as the summer heat is killing me

Both Daikin & Sharp makes great Inverter air conditioners. You can pick from anyone you want.

Personally for 1.5 Ton category, my fav is Sharp AH-XP18MV. Unbeatable cooling performance for its price of INR 41K (IDU + ODU + Free installation kit).

Now the choice is yours.

Both Daikin & Sharp makes great Inverter air conditioners. You can pick from anyone you want.

Personally for 1.5 Ton category, my fav is Sharp AH-XP18MV. Unbeatable cooling performance for its price of INR 41K (IDU + ODU + Free installation kit).

Now the choice is yours.

Thanks dude
I will enquire with the sharp dealer tomorrow.
Also,will a 1.1 ton Inverter be enough for a bedroom of size 11'X14' ???

Thanks dude
Most welcome!!!

I will enquire with the sharp dealer tomorrow. Also,will a 1.1 ton Inverter be enough for a bedroom of size 11'X14' ???
Sharp 1.1 Ton can take care upto 130 sqft on sunny top floor room to 160 sqft on gloomy ground floor room.

Sharp 1.5 Ton can take care upto 170 sqft on sunny top floor room to 210 sqft on gloomy ground floor room.

Pick your room.

I
Most welcome!!!

Sharp 1.1 Ton can take care upto 130 sqft on sunny top floor room to 160 sqft on gloomy ground floor room.

Sharp 1.5 Ton can take care upto 170 sqft on sunny top floor room to 210 sqft on gloomy ground floor room.

Pick your room.

I live in the 2nd floor of a 5 floored apartment.
So a 1.1 ton should be able to deliver right??
I was quoted 33K for the 1.1ton Sharp Inverter an year back,I would be saving quite some cash if I get this.
But I am hesitant against this as according to your post in this thread I have come to the conclusion that the 1.1 ton model is not that efficient due to it having an older compressor.
I dont want to cheap out initially and regret the decision later.....
Also there are so many inverter models listed on sharp's website(like XP10,XP13,XP18 and XP24), what is the difference between them??
And what do the terms NRV and LV mean??

I live in the 2nd floor of a 5 floored apartment. So a 1.1 ton should be able to deliver right??
Right.
I was quoted 33K for the 1.1ton Sharp Inverter an year back,I would be saving quite some cash if I get this.
But I am hesitant against this as according to your post in this thread I have come to the conclusion that the 1.1 ton model is not that efficient due to it having an older compressor. I dont want to cheap out initially and regret the decision later.....
Right, then get the AH-XP18MV. You will never regret.
Also there are so many inverter models listed on sharp's website(like XP10,XP13,XP18 and XP24), what is the difference between them??
XP10 --> 0.8 Ton
XP13 --> 1.1 Ton
XP18 --> 1.5 Ton
XP24 --> 2.0 Ton

And what do the terms NRV and LV mean??
NRV is the newer model while LV was the superior older model. Both cater to the 0.8 & 1.1 Ton category. If you can find the AH-XP13LV, then it will be sufficient for your room. No need to go for AH-XP18MV then.

Right.

Right, then get the AH-XP18MV. You will never regret.

XP10 --> 0.8 Ton
XP13 --> 1.1 Ton
XP18 --> 1.5 Ton
XP24 --> 2.0 Ton

NRV is the newer model while LV was the superior older model. Both cater to the 0.8 & 1.1 Ton category. If you can find the AH-XP13LV, then it will be sufficient for your room. No need to go for AH-XP18MV then.

So if I manage to find the 1.1 ton XP13LV,then I need not get the 1.5Ton XP18MV right...
The LV model looks very bland compared to the NRV.
I'll most probably get the XP18MV only.
Thanks for the advice dude,I'll check with the dealer and get back

So if I manage to find the 1.1 ton XP13LV,then I need not get the 1.5Ton XP18MV right...
The AH-XP13LV is actually what you need for you room.
The LV model looks very bland compared to the NRV.
Bland in looks while great in performance.
I'll most probably get the XP18MV only. Thanks for the advice dude,I'll check with the dealer and get back
The AH-XP18MV will a KingKong, which will cool faster but if you can spend 10K extra go for it. I believe energy consumption being Inverters will be near identical.

@RishiGuru

All the dealers in Hyderabad are quoting 50K for the XP18MV
How did u get it for 41K???
Well currently after the annual budget the tax has gone higher on ACs. But still I went to a shop yesterday and he quoted INR 44K all included for the same. I did not even bargain.

Wonder why the dealers in Hyderabad ask so much.

Well currently after the annual budget the tax has gone higher on ACs. But still I went to a shop yesterday and he quoted INR 44K all included for the same. I did not even bargain.

Wonder why the dealers in Hyderabad ask so much.

Any idea about the price of a 1.5ton Diakin inverter?
Any particular good model???

Any idea about the price of a 1.5ton Diakin inverter?
Any particular good model???

I believe at around INR 53K for their top model with R410A gas. Other models using R22 and R32 gas have lower effeciency and cheaper. Also look for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries inverter air conditioners. Remember Mitsubishi Electrics in a different company why also makes ACs.

MHI inverters are said to be better.

I believe at around INR 53K for their top model with R410A gas. Other models using R22 and R32 gas have lower effeciency and cheaper. Also look for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries inverter air conditioners. Remember Mitsubishi Electrics in a different company why also makes ACs.

MHI inverters are said to be better.

I was given a quote of 41K for R-22 Gas based 1.5ton Diakin Inverter.Model num is FTKD 50 i think
Is it a good deal?

Any Inverter air conditioner be it R410A, R22 or R32 will save more energy than any 5 star AC available under mid to long term usage. But it is preferrable to R410A ones as they are the future.

I find the prices of ACs to be too high in your city.

Just got a call from Sharp flagship store.
He quoted 44K mrp but he was willing to negotiate.
Also could you please tell me the usage cost advantage the XP18MV will have over a standard non-inverter 3 star AC.
Usage will be for 9 hours a day for 3months in an year.
Need to convince my father that this model is really worth it..

Thanks for the links but I still do not have a clear picture.
So simplifying my question:
How much time will it take to recover the initial cost difference(15K) between a XP18MV and a Samsung 3star AC.
Usage will be 9 hrs a day for 3 months year

Thanks for the links but I still do not have a clear picture.
So simplifying my question:
How much time will it take to recover the initial cost difference(15K) between a XP18MV and a Samsung 3star AC.
Usage will be 9 hrs a day for 3 months year

Read this post and calculate yours. I did the calculation for a person why uses ac all the time, 24 hrs X 30 days X 10 months a year. I can say it will take some time to recover the additional 15K. Mind you an inverter will save 40% compared to a 3 star AC for every three hours of operation.

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/ele...inverter-air-conditioner-t51216-2/#post794748

Read this post and calculate yours. I did the calculation for a person why uses ac all the time, 24 hrs X 30 days X 10 months a year. I can say it will take some time to recover the additional 15K. Mind you an inverter will save 40% compared to a 3 star AC for every three hours of operation.

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/ele...inverter-air-conditioner-t51216-2/#post794748

So according to the post I should be able to recover the initial investment in about 5 years right..
that seems like a pretty good deal factoring in the added advantages of super fast cooling and quietness

Back