Monitors Which 20" glossy monitor?

I was all set to buy a Dell IN2030M matte screen but then I realized that glossy screens output a more crisp image with better contrasts.

So now I am back to square one and need help zeroing in on a 20" non-matte screen.

My budget is around 6-7k.

Btw I am aware that 22"s don't cost a lot more, but I specifically want a 20" only.

Thanks.

Whats the difference between the two type of screen. Right now i am using the dell monitor, and its really a VFM product
<

I was all set to buy a Dell IN2030M matte screen but then I realized that glossy screens output a more crisp image with better contrasts.

Btw I am aware that 22"s don't cost a lot more, but I specifically want a 20" only.

No I don't think so, I have a standard non-LED backlit Acer H203H and apart from better black results vs. the Dell IN2030M, most of the images look equally good OR better on the Dell. In fact the glossy screen is more irritating as scratches and other such oddities stand out.

Also Dell has a better service chain in India.

Just my view point, hope it helps.

So now I am back to square one and need help zeroing in on a 20" non-matte screen.

My budget is around 6-7k.

Thanks.

the glossy screens are also more harmful for your eyes.. coz they create reflections and more glare problems compared to matte finish screens..

I am aware of the reflections issue and that was the main reason I had decided upon the Dell IN2030M.

Scratches aren't an issue as I am a bit of a neat-freak.

I am guessing it's an illusion of better clarity when viewing a glossy screen as everything appears to have a bit of a sheen to it?

I am aware of the reflections issue and that was the main reason I had decided upon the Dell IN2030M.

Scratches aren't an issue as I am a bit of a neat-freak.

I am guessing it's an illusion of better clarity when viewing a glossy screen as everything appears to have a bit of a sheen to it?

yeah correct..its just that with glossy screens, everything looks more shiny and bling .. thats all.. but if you are gonna use your comp. for long hours, i suggest you buy a matte finish screen..

Bah screw it, got the IN2030M.

Nice to know they still don't include a DVI-D cable. Even world-scale corps aren't above such chindhi chori
<

One has to wonder just how much do Sony and Dell save by not bundling USB and DVI cables.

Chill dude, you can get a DVI cable here in TE
<

From where did you buy it, and your total expense ?

#saumilsingh

Heh, it's just annoying is what it is.

DVI-D cables for LED monitors and USB cables for mobile gadgets are essential accessories. They shouldn't be considered optional.

Got it locally for 6100/-. Slightly costlier than I thought it would be but that is always the case in Ahmedabad.

Back