Monitors Which 22" monitor ?

ok i just bought my new rig except a monitor. i need a 22" lcd. here is what i have short listed:
1) Dell E228WFP 22
2) Dell Ultrasharp2208WFP 22
3) LG L226WTQ
as u can see that i didnt mentioned dell SP2208WFP 22 simply because i dont need hdmi and webcam. moreover, it is out of my budget.

i will be using this monitor primarily for following purposes:
1) gaming and movies :hap2: :hap2:
2) coding
3) photoshop and flash

as u can see i need an all rounder which can give good performance not only in games and movies but also in photoshop and flash. please suggest

well the ultrasharp version is stopped,i was in a similar situation about two weeks ago,i also didnt want SP2208wfp mainly because of its glossy screen.
so in the end i went for the viewsonic VX2235wm-5 has contrast of 1000:1(4000 dynamic).

adder said:
well the ultrasharp version is stopped,i was in a similar situation about two weeks ago,i also didnt want SP2208wfp mainly because of its glossy screen.
so in the end i went for the viewsonic VX2235wm-5 has contrast of 1000:1(4000 dynamic).

how much u spent for viewsonic VX2235wm-5? what abt the LG model. is it not worth it? i heard that viewsonic is not good when it comes to after sales service. throw some light on it as well.

im getting confused again between dell/lg/viewsonic :(

i guess dell is out of question now that they have stopped manu. ultrasharp ones. and e228 is basic model which may not suit my work.

painkiller said:
2) Dell Ultrasharp2208WFP 22

I recently bought this lcd. It is very good screen.
But they have discontinued the model but i can vote for Dell.

It has very good looks and performance. Ofcourse great prize by Dingemini also.

Mugen_Power said:
I recently bought this lcd. It is very good screen.
But they have discontinued the model but i can vote for Dell.

It has very good looks and performance. Ofcourse great prize by Dingemini also.

is it good in photoshop and flash as well?

Have you checked out an LG 22 incher from a local store, it looked pretty good to me in the croma store, but even that is a "TN" panel like the Dell E228 so if you are into photoshop/flash etc, you might not be satisfied. I don't really care about the "ultrasharp" level performance, these "entry" TN panels work just fine for me for coding, gaming and movies (no photoshop/flash/graphics work i do)

The colors may not look as you would want them to. Infact TN panels use dithering for 'emulating' colors. If you are to do some serious graphics related work, its better to pick up a non-TN display, though they are much more expensive. Conversely, maybe you can keep a CRT (if you already have one), and use it as a complimentary display for graphics work ;).

The 'Ultrasharp' series of Dell gives you non-TN models(except for the now defunct 22") , maybe you can check them out...

if you are just a casual/hobbyist photoshop/flash/graphics guy then i really dont see why you should spend the extra moolah. really, getting an LG22 from a nearby shop (should be under 13k) is good enough. if you really want dell's brand name and 5-yr warranty etc, and want to wait for delivery, then the E228WFP should be a decent model. i have the E248WFP and like i said, games, movies and coding/documents look fine on it...

vishalrao said:
if you are just a casual/hobbyist photoshop/flash/graphics guy then i really dont see why you should spend the extra moolah. really, getting an LG22 from a nearby shop (should be under 13k) is good enough. if you really want dell's brand name and 5-yr warranty etc, and want to wait for delivery, then the E228WFP should be a decent model. i have the E248WFP and like i said, games, movies and coding/documents look fine on it...

so LG22 and Dell e228 will give me same performance is every aspect?

painkiller said:
how much u spent for viewsonic VX2235wm-5? what abt the LG model. is it not worth it? i heard that viewsonic is not good when it comes to after sales service. throw some light on it as well.

well i paid 14400 inc taxes ,i bought 2 weeks ago,its good for games, no ghosting,no backlight bleed,anti glare coating.

me having dell sp2208wfp n its awesome monitor no problems with glossy screen at all,nice response time nice contrast ratio n alls good about this beauty monitor. :eek:hyeah:

Back